Success tip of the week-2

Onam Gupta (SAVE WATER SAVE LIFE) (1816 Points)

05 February 2012  

Hello everyone!

Good Morning!

As I told you all in my earlier post that I will be posting a success tip every week, So here is the Tip of the week. I will be posting 1 every Sunday because its a free day and you all will get more time to work over it.smiley

Seven Life Lessons!

You don’t need to travel hundreds of miles or spend thousands of rupees to find a great life coach. In fact, you can find some of the best life coaches in the world much closer to home than you may think…

Who are these expert life coaches?

The expert life coaches I’m talking about are – Children!

Children come into the world with a positive ‘can-do’ mindset that we as adults can learn a lot from. In today’s edition I’d like to share with you 7 life lessons I’ve learnt from children.

Live In The Moment

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly children can make the transition from being upset to being happy. Underlying these instantaneous mood swings is the ability to truly live in the moment. Children don’t spend hours reflecting on the past or worrying about the future. They live life as it happens.

As adults we often carry emotional baggage from our previous experiences as well as fears for our future. It’s little wonder that we struggle to enjoy each moment simply for what it is.

Give Yourself Time To Learn

One of the major differences between young students and adult students is that the children gave themselves time to learn.

When they make a mistake, they simply laugh and move on. The adult students on the other hand, often get worried and frustrated by their mistakes and berate themselves for not being perfect.

Children understand that it takes time to become good at something and they know that making mistakes is part of the learning process.

Believe Anything Is Possible

This is an area in which children easily out do most adults. Children truly believe that anything is possible and belief is the secret ingredient for achieving success in every area of your life.

Laugh Out Loud

One of the things children enjoy more than anything else is to laugh and giggle. Some of my happiest memories are of laughing to the point of tears with my nephews over some silly incident or comment.

For some reason, as we grow older we seem to repress our sense of fun in preference for something called ‘maturity’. Personally, I would much rather laugh out loud!

Don’t Be Afraid To Love

Children are much more likely to say, "I love you" than most adults. They do not think about or analyse the long term consequences of making this statement. When they feel a sense of love for someone, they simply let them know.

Forgive Quickly And Completely

Children rarely carry a grudge for very long. They may get angry or upset but when they forgive someone, they do it quickly and completely. Adults on the other hand are quite capable of carrying a grudge for many years and even when they do forgive someone, it is often a case of, "I’ll forgive but I’ll never forget!"

Never Lose Your Sense Of Wonder

Children don’t take the world around them for granted. They possess a wonderful sense of curiosity and fun.

A few weeks ago I was in the Garden with my cousin Avni. I was chasing her around an oak tree and each time I changed direction and caught her, she burst into a fit of giggles. Eventually we collapsed on the ground and looked up at the sunlight sparkling through the leaves.

As I lay on the ground, I reached over and picked up an acorn and said, "Avni, did you know that this big tree grew from a little seed like this?"

My cousin thought about this for a moment and then her eyes widened and she asked, "How?"

I looked at the acorn in my hand and then up at the huge tree above us and the amazement that my cousin had shown suddenly hit me too!!

Action Steps:

This week, take a break from the pressures of being an adult and use the seven life lessons above to reconnect with your inner child..

As said by Aryan " Keep the Child in you Alive"..smiley

Thank You!!

For those who Haven't read the earlier edition can follow the below link..

Success Tip of the Week-1