Stuck with one final group for sometime

ashwin (Computer Engineer) (61 Points)

18 February 2017  

In November 2012 she cleared group 1. There after in may 2013 attempt she gave group 2 and didn't clear and then in 2013 we met and liked each other and married.

There on, every attempt she gave and didn't clear. Every attempt she used to score 180+ and pass inidvidually in all the subjects. Either because of ISCA or direct tax she was not reaching that 200 mark, mostly because of ICSA. Me being computer engineer, taught and studied ISCA with her every attemt. as everyone know how the subject is and how much marks you get, she never got more than 45 mark and could rech only till 196 in  2 times.

After 5 attempts , dejected, frustrated, irritated and she made me clear that she is not going to appear for anymore attempts. I also, agreed that enough is enough  and she is not going to appear anymore as it is such a pain and depressing.

One fine day, after 15 days in Jan 2016 i told her, you have come this far and you are just a step away and rather than regretting after 10 years that i should have finished one by one at least and somehow i should have crossed the line. Then i told her my strategy, i applied some analysis on her 4 subjects and found that she always scored 50 or 50+ in costing and indirect tax and told her that let us give one last attempt and give only these 2 subjects.

With great difficulty she agreed for 2 subjects.

July 2016, she cleared both with super marks , 71 in indirect tax and 61 in costing. and then there was nothing to stop her in Nov 2016 attempt. She got 40+ in direct tax and ISCA in November 2016 attempt and she became CA.

By my personal experience, the ones who are getting unlucky to clear one group for more than 2 attempts. I would suggest "rather than postpoing becoming CA by few years, divide and conquer in 2 attempts and postpone only by 6 months".

Here are my all tips:

1. Divide and conquer: pick 2 of your good subjects where you have scored more and give only those 2.

2. Study with companion, friend, parent , spouse. Esp for ISCA, case laws,costing problems . doesn't matter if the companion understand or not , even if he/she is hearing you will benfit you immensly.

3. For indirect tax and indirect tax. to increase marks from 50 to 60 and 70+. get farooq haque dvd's, we happened to get an sms and we got it courierd and benfitted immensly. Link: https://fhconline.in/

4. For ISCA, make points as small as possible, and take a word or character of point and put into memory phrase.. Maneesh valerecha and your own songs/movie tricks should work. write and practice.

5. Don't worry you are smart and super. it's just that luck is not your way. You will crack it. Trust on yourself, confidence and keeping calm should take you through the line.

These are the tricks worked for my wife. thought, i would put it here and can help you.

All the best.