Please Wait ..

to your account


Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Corporate Law > MCA >

Procedure to increase Authorised share capital of a pvt. co.

    Post New Topic
Pages : 1 2

Related Files


[ Scorecard : 32]
Posted On 26 August 2009 at 12:41 Report Abuse

Please guide me on the following questions:

1. Is pvt. ltd. co. required to file Form no. 23. & if yes then within what period?

2. What is a time period to file Form no. 5 in cases-

    i) Form no. 23 is filed

    ii)Form no. 23 is not filed

Online classes for CA CS CMA

Share on

CS Ankur Srivastava
Company Secretary & Compliance Officer

[ Scorecard : 15059]
Posted On 26 August 2009 at 14:33

Dear Vivek,


Yes private company is also required to file form 23 in case of every resolution mentioned under section 192.


In case of increase in Authorised Capital under sectino 94, form 5 must be filled within 30 days of the date of Resolution.

Total thanks : 2 times


[ Scorecard : 234]
Posted On 26 August 2009 at 16:04

Dear Friend

As Increase in Authorised Share Capital is passed in EGM as Ordinary Resolution

so filing of Form 23 is not necessary required.

u can file Form 5 directly within 30 days of passing such resolution in EGM.

Practicing CS

[ Scorecard : 423]
Posted On 27 August 2009 at 09:51

yah khushboo.. To increase authorised share capital, ordinary resolution is required to pass but to alter memorandum clause V i.e. capital clause, special resolution is required to be passed and that's y Form-23 is required to be filed within 30 days from the date on resolution passed i.e EGM/ AGM date.

Ajay Mishra
Company Secretary

[ Scorecard : 73507]
Posted On 27 August 2009 at 13:13


Procedure for increase in authorised capital of the company
1.                  Convene a Board Meeting after issuing notices to the directors of the company to decide about the increase and to fix the date, time, place and agenda for convening a General Meeting.
2.                  To pass an Ordinary Resolution (Special Resolution if so required by articles) for the same.
3.                  Download Form -5 from
4.                  Fill the details required such form except signature of the concerned person.
5.                  Send Form-5 with concerned Treasurar for the stamping of the concerned if required by that State.
6.                  This stamped form attached with the Form-5 filed with concerned ROC along with altered MOA and AOA.
7.                  File physically MOA along with stamped form-5 with concerned ROC.
8.                  After approval of Form-5 from ROC make necessary changes in MOA and AOA and in all other papers and documents.
If you are increasing Authorised Capital by passing a Special Resolution or also change in Article of Association it is required to file Form 23 with concerned ROC within 30 days from the date of passing such resolution.

Total thanks : 4 times

Ajay Mishra
Company Secretary

[ Scorecard : 73507]
Posted On 27 August 2009 at 13:15





Company Secretary

[ Scorecard : 819]
Posted On 30 August 2012 at 14:26

While filing form V for increase in Authorised Capital, is it necessary to attach a complete set of MoA along with the amendment or an extract of the amended clause will serve the purpose? Is it necessary to file form 23 only for changing the said clause,if there is no need to alter the AoA?

CA Kedar Sakhardande

[ Scorecard : 861]
Posted On 31 August 2012 at 16:09


yes full set of altered MOA is required to be attched with Form 5

Form 23 is required to be filed if there is a special resolution in EGM increasing the authorised capital

If it is ordinary resolution, Form No 23 is not required (rather if you are not amending AOA then you need not pass special resolution and Form No 23 is not required)








[ Scorecard : 127]
Posted On 01 September 2012 at 11:35

Agreed with Kedar Sir.

Chartered Accountant

[ Scorecard : 177]
Posted On 06 November 2012 at 18:25

In order to change MOA do we need a Special Resolution?

If no, then Form 23 is not required. If yes, then again it is required.

is it possible to increase the Auth capital without Special Resolution then?


Pls Help

There are 10 Replies to this message

Related Threads

Post your reply for Procedure to increase Authorised share capital of a pvt. co.

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to login

Not a member yet ?? Click here to signup



  • Use thank button to convey your appreciation.
  • Maintain professionalism while posting and replying to topics.
  • Try to add value with your each post.

Forum Home | Forum Portal | Member Control Center | Who is Where | Popular Threads | Today's Topic | Recent Posts | Today's Posts | Post New Topic | Thread With Files | Top Threads This Month | Forum Stats | Unreplied Threads

back to the top