Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Service Tax >

Procedure for surrender of service tax registration

Pages : 1 2

Accountant Assistant

[ Scorecard : 191]
Posted On 28 December 2011 at 20:31 Report Abuse

Dear Sirs,

Kindly let me know the procedure & documents required for Surrendering the Service Tax Registration .

Is there any time limit for the same.

Kindly reply at the earliest or please provide any link for provisions relating to the same.

Thank you.

Online classes for CA CS CMA

CA Prabhat Gupta
Manager (Indirect Taxes)

[ Scorecard : 801]
Posted On 29 December 2011 at 11:13

I think, no special procedure has been prescribed in Service Tax Provisions. The provisions relating to Surrender or cancellation of ST-2 are given in Rule 4(7) & 4(8) of Service Tax Rules, 1994. You only need to surrender the ST-2 in original under a covering letter (in duplicate, second copy for your records), with your jurisdictional superintendent. But ensure that you have paid all dues to the Service Tax Department to avoid unnecessary delays. On being satisfied that there are no dues, superintendent will cancel the registration. There is no penalty for non surrender of ST – 2, but in case you do not surrender, you will have to file service tax returns, non filing of which may attract penalty.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask in case of any doubts.

Total thanks : 1 times

CA Prabhat Gupta
Manager (Indirect Taxes)

Posted On 29 December 2011 at 11:21

In case you are having a LOGIN on ACES you can simply surrender online. Login on www.aces.gov.in > REG > Surrender > Select registration number > fill in the required details > click Surrender ST - 2 > when the process is successful take a printout > send this printout alongwith original ST-2 under acknowledgement to Jurisdictional Superintendent.

!..SaNKeT..!
!..Live to Give..!

[ Scorecard : 15019]
Posted On 29 December 2011 at 11:27

For surrender of ST Registration, pl. visit
http://www.aces.gov.in/STASE/switch.do?prefix=/ui/jsp/common&page=/lo...
login
with company ID & Password, then see "REG" tab, click on "SURRENDER" option.
Once online surrender of licence is done, write a letter to jurisdictional
ST Range with copy of Original ST-2.

Ashok
Accountant Assistant

[ Scorecard : 191]
Posted On 30 December 2011 at 22:53

Dear Sirs,

On my personal visit to the Service Tax office in Thane i was told by the service tax officer that it was essential to submit some other documents along with the  Online ST-2 form namely : 1)Service Tax returns of Past 3 years, 2) Income tax returns , 3) Letter mentioning reason for Surrender of service tax registration ,etc.

Can u please provide any 'link'  from where i can get a comprehensive list of the Documents required to be submitted along with the ST-2 form

Thanks

CA Prabhat Gupta
Manager (Indirect Taxes)

Posted On 31 December 2011 at 15:03

In my opinion, nothing is contained in Rule 4(7) & 4(8) of the Service Tax Rules, 1994 in relation to documents to be submitted along with application of surrender.

Commissionerates, for their convenience, issue trade notices on this subject. To get an exhaustive list of documents to be submitted with the application, you may contact your range officer for a copy of such Notice or other correspondence on the basis of which the documents mentioned above are required, or if Commissionerate's website is updated at regular intervals, you may download such notice from their website.

Bhaumik Shah
Audit Assistant

[ Scorecard : 21]
Posted On 22 February 2012 at 09:28

Dear Sir,

One of my freind has niether filled any service tax returns nor has surrender the service tax number yet then what shall be the procedure to deal with??

what shall be done according to the provisions??

Thanks and Regards 

Bhaumik Shah

Contact No. 9909772077

JITESH
GANDHIDHAM

[ Scorecard : 21]
Posted On 19 December 2012 at 19:42

Please help

I have taken service tax registration manually, but now I want to surrender it online through ACES website. Can I will be able to do this?

Hardeep
Auditor/Accountant

[ Scorecard : 48]
Posted On 31 May 2013 at 09:33

Mr X niether filled any service tax returns nor has surrender the service tax number yet then what shall be the procedure to deal with?? what shall be done according to the provisions??  

mithlesh sharma
student

[ Scorecard : 38]
Posted On 03 January 2014 at 13:56

Read notification no 4/2007-ST, Dated 01-03-2007 and sub rule (7) and (8) of rule 4 of Service Tax. As per provision of sub-rule (7) of rule 4 of the Service Tax Rules, 1994 every registered assessee, who ceases to provide service tax for which he is registered, shall surrender his registration certificate immediately to the superintendent of Service Tax. following documest should be submited: 1. ST-2 original copy

2. Past three years ST-3 copy

3. Form of declearation (attached)

Attached File : 986557 1267314 letter .rar downloaded 1080 times

There are 13 Replies to this message

Related Files