close x

Penalty on tds late filing of return

We have been issued an order to pay a penalty u/s 272A(2)(k) upon late filing of TDS return. Now, while filing TDS Challan no. 281 we have to give 'CODE OF TYPE OF PAYMENT'. Can anyone help me as to what is to be filled here in this penalty case. Thanks in advance

!..Live to Give..!

You have been issued an order to pay a penalty u/s 272A(2)(k) upon late filing of TDS return.

Therefore the Code of Payment will be (400)TDS/TCS Regular Assessment (Raised by I.T. Deptt.).....

Total thanks : 2 times

But while making online payment through Challan No.281 we have to give 'CODE OF TYPE OF PAYMENT' i.e. over and above'400' which you have mentioned. Without giving that code the online challan is not accepted. What to do?

!..Live to Give..!

Go through the link there is only two option available in Challan 281

https://onlineservices.tin.nsdl.com/etaxnew/PopServlet?rKey=-2024366932

The Two Option Are...

(200)TDS/TCS Payable by Taxpayer

(400)TDS/TCS Regular Assessment (Raised by I.T. Deptt.)

Here the Second option will be your code of Payment.....enlightened

To meet Income tax officer TDS inspector

If the 15th the last day filling the return, come on Holiday (e.g. as this 15th Jan. 2012 was Sunday) then what will be the last for filing the returns ? & if we file the return on 16th Jan. then will the penalty will be levied or not

Dear Santosh,

Penalty above will be charged @ Rs.100 per day irrespective of the day above being Sunday.

Penalty will be exempted only if the preceeding day is a nationalised holiday.

CA in service & CS. dipmaj@ rediffmail.com

As per my understanding penalty order is issued after giving an opportunity of being heard.

Santosh : Did you appear before AO TDS and offer reasons fornot submitting the TDS return in due time ? Were the delay inordinate ?

what code is used for making payment of  late filing of etds return i.e Rs.200/- per day for 7 days will be Rs.1400/-, so what will be the code on tds challan for this payment. we have written 234E but after 3 months bank has sent letter saying penalty code is incorrect.(cheque cleared only challan is pending)

TDS paid on professional services for the financial year 13-14.but we paid it on 2015 what is the a.y we filled in the tds challan  (A.Y 2014-2015) or (2015-2016)

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to login   Click here to Register

Share on :