Partnership Accounts IPCC

Srinath (Chartered Accountant) (166 Points)

04 April 2011  

Plz plz answer these questions...(PSR-Profit Sharing Ratio)

Even one question if u can answer it will be a great help!!

1. I'm unable to figure out which capital to take as base or how to find out capital closing balances when the question says something like this " the partners decide to get their capitals in PSR any difference will be adjusted by cash"

2. Does even several Life policy surrender value have to be distributed among partner is PSR?? 

3. If Fixed capital method is followed..can we first transfer the Current A/c balances to Capital accounts & then carry on with the rest of the procedures or should we seperately do revaluations etc. & then at the end merge them??

4. If admission & retirement takes place simultaneously how to compute gaining-losing ratio for adjustment of goodwill.

5. Goodwill not appearing in Balance Sheet. But while firm is sold it has been valued at say 5 lakh. should 5 lakh be distributed in PSR or directly taken to Purchase consideration in Realization A/c?

6. Should loan given by partner be taken to Realization or his capital A/c??

7. When 2 firms amalgamate & one owes a debt to another which is settled for less than actual value..where should the loss be shown?? (Revaluation??)

Ex. X & Co. are debtors of Y & Co. for 3000

New firm -XY & Co. Debt settled @ 2000

where should 1000 loss go?

8. In Piece-Meal Distribution what should the capital be taken as for deciding Proportionate Capital?? (Capital +loan -advances + reserves ??)

9. Some suggestions to calm me down cause I'm losing confidence over this Chapter!

Thanks a ton!