Easy Office
LCI Learning

part time cop conditions

Page no : 2

CA Vidhi Jain (service) (68 Points)
Replied 28 October 2013

yes you can apply for part time cop. You must have received a form for filling your employment details alongwith the form for depositing membership fee. Fill in the employment details in the form and send it to ICAI. This will update your details in their records. After a few days fill form -6 and send to ICAI. You will automatically be allotted part time cop as your records already have your employment details.

Nikhil Kaushik (Fellow CA) (85103 Points)
Replied 29 October 2013

1.  You can do everything except for signing as a Chartered Accountant. 

2.  You can raise bill for the said services in your own name or the trade name you registered or in the name of the partnership you are a partner of.

3.  Yes Upasna, you can do so.

upasna solanki (student) (29 Points)
Replied 29 October 2013

Thanks for the replies..just need to confirm since m already a member details about my employment  i dont need to take any prior permission as such i just need to fill in form 6..Am i correct?

Nikhil Kaushik (Fellow CA) (85103 Points)
Replied 29 October 2013

yes. its your wish. However, many employers do object. You may need to handle that bit.

CA DEEPAK S K (CA) (248 Points)
Replied 31 October 2013

Hello friends on the same line of queries i have a doubt that i had informed the ICAI regarding my employment details in form 2 & so now for the purpose of part time cop do i directly send form 6 or should  i first seek permission in the form as per regulation 190A??

CA Lokesh Pokharna (CA (Ahmedabad Bhilwara Chittorgarh))   (4128 Points)
Replied 31 October 2013

No permission needed , if you have already mentioned your employment details... they will allot your cop status as part time by default....

CA Vidhi Jain (service) (68 Points)
Replied 31 October 2013

if you have already provided your employment details then you can directly send form 6 because will be allotted part time cop only in this case. To confirm that your details are updated in the database or not, you can check it through member records option on the ICAI website. It shows the last updated details of yours.

Replied 31 October 2013

Thank you friends for the update one last thing am i also required to pay 2000/- as a fees for COP ?

CA Lokesh Pokharna (CA (Ahmedabad Bhilwara Chittorgarh))   (4128 Points)
Replied 31 October 2013

Yes, fees required to be pay ..

Replied 31 October 2013

Thank you for the valuable updates friends.

Replied 31 October 2013

Thank you for the valuable updates friends.

Sdp 22 (CA) (80 Points)
Replied 25 March 2014

Is it necessary to tell the employer that you are holding part time COP? Please reply asap. Thanks

Sdp 22 (CA) (80 Points)
Replied 25 March 2014

Is it necessary to tell the employer that you are holding part time COP? Please reply asap. Thanks

CA rohit swami (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (262 Points)
Replied 27 July 2015

CAN ANY ONE TELL ME WHAT IS TIME PERIOD FOR CONVERSION TO FULLTIME TO PARTTIME WHEN YOU ARE JOINING ANY COMPANY/BANK?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Tarun (AM) (216 Points)
Replied 27 July 2015

Wow...topic is going hot. Devanand ji...part time COP means that u are in job but still wanna have COP. It is used so that u can have articles and u can become FCA. No signing authority is allowed. U can have part time COP only if u r holding GM and above position in your job.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: