Avail 50% discount on all subjects for Nov batch(access till Nov 20th). Use coupon code Nov14.

Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Excise >

JOB WORK CHALLAN

Pages : 1

Student

[ Scorecard : 30]
Posted On 31 October 2010 at 12:24 Report Abuse

Usually we are giving the JOB WORK CHALLAN along with Excisable material while sending the same to  job worker for service. As per rule if it is not coming (Challan) return to us , we have to reverse the CENVAT credit amount. Is there any alternative procedure without reversing duty amount..?..

Like can we received any acknowledgement from job worker side..?..

Please suggest..

Solaiappan.G

Online classes for CA CS CMA

S. Banerjee
Practising Cost Accountant. Core area- Central Excise. Service Tax Costing system installation including maintenance of Cost Records and Cost Audit and Management Audit mainly Revenue leakages Audit

[ Scorecard : 594]
Posted On 03 November 2010 at 21:23

Mr. Solaiappan,

If you can establish that the duty paid material has been returned by the Job Worker after performing his activity you can show as returned in Job Worker Register based on the Job worker challan and no need to reverse the Cenvat credit availed on Raw Material/s.

Thanks,

S. Banerjee

Prakash
Professional

[ Scorecard : 211]
Posted On 06 January 2011 at 17:27

I understand that the material is received back within 180 days from the Job Worker. But the challan was not receved from Job Worker.

Not receiving 5-4 challan does not mean that you have to reverse the credit for duty already paid. But there must be something warranting the return og goods after job work activity.

U S Sharma
glidor@gmail.com

[ Scorecard : 19381]
Posted On 06 January 2011 at 19:41

Originally posted by : Solaiappan G

Usually we are giving the JOB WORK CHALLAN along with Excisable material while sending the same to  job worker for service. As per rule if it is not coming (Challan) return to us , we have to reverse the CENVAT credit amount. Is there any alternative procedure without reversing duty amount..?..

Like can we received any acknowledgement from job worker side..?..

Please suggest..

Solaiappan.G

make extra copies of challan ( xerox even) and ask the service provider to attach the same with their invoice, this will solve the legal requirement,

job done and return may be endorsed on back of that challan even, under stamp and sign of job worker. 

R P Ananthakumar
Sr. Officer - Central Excise/Cash

[ Scorecard : 266]
Posted On 07 January 2011 at 17:08

Dear Mr. Solaiappan,

If you have not received challan only(document), you can take another copy and send it to jobworker. the jobworker fill the necessary field and return to you with their delivery challan.  That the case you can not reverse the duty.

Otherwise, you have not received the material from job wroker within 180 days from challan date, you have to reverse the cenvat duty of input material, which was taken at the time of inward.

Ankit Baria
TAX PRACTISIONER

[ Scorecard : 22]
Posted On 10 August 2013 at 18:56

Dear Sir,

if we are adding some material in the done job work than we have to lible to charge VAT ,but let me suggest in which amout we have to charge VAT ???

1. material using  amount or

2.total value(matrial amount + jobwork Value)

prahlad
accounts manager

[ Scorecard : 23]
Posted On 22 November 2013 at 12:30

Dear SIr,

we are autoparts mfrg.unit in haryana. we are sending material for job work for different diff.operations i.e.cutting,harding,plating etc.& for this every time we are raising a challan everytime.Is there any rule that we raise challan once in a month to the party & rest of time with the material we raise our private challan (non-excisable) if it is possible plz provide rule detail.

prahlad
accounts manager

Posted On 22 November 2013 at 12:38

Dear SIr,

we are autoparts mfrg.unit in haryana. we are sending material for job work for different diff.operations i.e.cutting,harding,plating etc.& for this every time we are raising a challan everytime.Is there any rule that we raise challan once in a month to the party & rest of time with the material we raise our private challan (non-excisable) if it is possible plz provide rule detail.

R P Ananthakumar
Sr. Officer - Central Excise/Cash

[ Scorecard : 266]
Posted On 22 November 2013 at 14:02

Please refer Notification No. 214/86.

Total thanks : 1 times

prahlad
accounts manager

Posted On 22 November 2013 at 16:33

Dear Sir,

This notf.no.is regarding exemption of goods & can't clear my confusion.We are a mfrg.unit & registered in central excise & My query is that suppose we are sending our material for job work (i.e.for harding/plating) to "A" 10 times a day,than we are issuing 10 times  57F4 challans to "A" on the same day. Now we want to ask that is there any rule agsinst which we send our exciseable material for job work on a non excisable simple challan/cum gate pass & we raise our 57F-4 once in a weak or in a month to the "A", if there plz clear.

Thanks.

There are 9 Replies to this message

Related Files