Ipcc m12 study plan(nov 21 to dec 5)

satish (Service) (901 Points)

21 November 2011  

Dear IPCC Students - May12

Have you started counting your days ?   Thinking of how to prepare and where to start. Here's for those who are looking for a plan - Recommended plan for those who want to follow Nov 21 to Dec 5 . Wouldnt CA be easy if we can have rigor and systematic approach to studying and understanding concepts. do try this and follow my recommendation, hope to see you all do well in exams in May 12

As a first in series - recommendation for Accounting & Advanced accounting. For ex: Amalgamation- Absorption try to understand the concepts by revising AS 14 and then do the problems. First learn how to calculate Purchase consideration and do as many problems. Post Dec 5th-I woudl advise to draw ledger accounts - understand the basics of accounting (Nominal , real account- most of time students are doubtful on this aspect). Watchout this space for more articles till M12 Exam

Please feel to write to me at satmai45 @ gmail.com for any email support and shortly my webpage will be up for all of you to learn wherever you are. Bangalore students who wish to join my weekend classes are welcome.

Regards - satish - Tejas learning Centre - HSR Layout Bangalore,

Accounting  -Paper 1
Accounting Standards   ( 2- Inventories,  3- cash flows)Cashflow is also applicable for Financial Management paper (Costing & FM)
Self-Balancing Ledgers

Accounting  -Paper 2
Accounting Standards   ( 4 - Contingencies & eventsoccuring after B/S date & AS 29 - Contingent assets/liabilities)

TIP : Study Accounting standards in originalfrom the Text book, Refer to application problems from authors you follow, Practice Manual from Institute)

Accounting Standard 14 ,     Calculation of Purchase Consideration

How do you identify if  its in nature of Purchase or Merger? -      Conditions to be met as per Accounting Standard
How is Purchase consideration Calculated in Purchase method ?
Do we take Opening goodwill of Selling company for arriving at NetAssets calculation ?
Explain Good will and  Capital Reserve Calculation ? How is it Treated?
How are statutory reserves treated in a scheme of amalgamation in the nature of purchase of selling company ?

Electricity Company
Replacement of Assets
Replacement cost >  Capital & Revenue treatment
Capital Base
Reasonable Return
Clear Profit - Appropriation of Profits
Disposal of Surplus