Avail 50% discount on all subjects for Nov batch(access till Nov 20th). Use coupon code Nov14.

Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Income Tax > TDS >

Intimation u/s 143 (1) from cpc, income tax

Pages : 1

Software Engineer

[ Scorecard : 24]
Posted On 01 August 2011 at 19:05 Report Abuse

I was in two different companies and got two form16s for the assesment year 2009-10. After caliculation of net tax amount I got to knew that i need to pay an amount of 37000 as self assesment tax. including 5000 as interest under section 234A/234B/234C.

But unfortunately I received Income Tax Intimation U/s.143(1) demanding to pay 64000/- as Tax Payable.  But while going through the CPC notice i understood that they have not taken TDS amount into consideration and caliculated the amount wrongly.  They also caliculated interest amount for Section 234A/234B/234C differently than which I submitted.

No one is sure of amount payable for these Section 234A/ 234B/ 234C. Can you please let me know how to send rectification letter for this wrong Interest caliculation and Wrong caliculation of TDS amount. ?

Online classes for CA CS CMA

C.A SHASHANK GOYAL
Chartered Accountant

[ Scorecard : 362]
Posted On 01 August 2011 at 19:11

Hi, in my opinion it might be mistake apparent from record and thus you need to file and application under the provisions of section 154 of Income Tax Act .As you must have seen also at the back of intimation received from department under section 143(1) , that in case of errors you can move application under above foregoing section .

M.com,CS,CAFinal Tushar Sampat
M.com CS,CA Final

[ Scorecard : 60298]
Posted On 01 August 2011 at 20:07

Originally posted by : SHASHANK GOYAL

Hi, in my opinion it might be mistake apparent from record and thus you need to file and application under the provisions of section 154 of Income Tax Act .As you must have seen also at the back of intimation received from department under section 143(1) , that in case of errors you can move application under above foregoing section .

AGREED.

Prateek Garg
CA Final Student

[ Scorecard : 191]
Posted On 01 August 2011 at 22:06

This is a commen Mistake done by CPC. 

and different amt. of interest u/s 234A/234B/234C is also because of non credit of TDS 

First View Your Form 26AS (Tax Credit) whether it shows the full TDS Credit or not and if it does not show full credit then contact your concerned Employer. most propably their would be some mistake in their TDS Return.

Secondly File a rectification request u/s 154. 

You can View Form 26AS and file a Rectification reqest online through

www.incometaxindiaefilling.gov.in

There are 3 Replies to this message

Related Files