How to manage the stress

SHIKHA SONI (CA FINAL & CS PROFESSIONAL)   (576 Points)

05 July 2012  

It’s tough being a student. Your time is stretched in every direction and sometimes it can almost seem too much. 

While I have no magic solution for making all that stress disappear, I do want to take a moment to offer some ideas on how to manage (perhaps even minimize) some of it. Feel free to share your tips in the comments!

·         Exercise – As Whether it is boxing, running or playing team sports, exercise is a great way to release stress and re-energize.

·         Get More Sleep – What is that? I realize it is easier said then done as a student. But take care of yourself and make sure you are getting adequate rest.

·         Take time for Friends – When opportunities arise, take time in your schedule to meet up with friends. Friends are there for you and can be a sounding board for the stress and challenges you are experiencing.

·         Tune in to something else – Put some music on or put on that favourite TV show to watch. These little “breaks” can help you in coping with all that stress.

·         “Staycation” – “staycation” – essentially dreaming about vacationing in an exotic location without actually going anywhere. Reality is, not all students are in a position to take vacations away during school. Instead, have a mini-vacation and find some fun activities you can do locally to get out, have fun and relax.