Have u seen sarkaari lokpal ?

CA Sahil Singla.. (Service Tax ) (3746 Points)

20 August 2011  

Today Govt. published it's Lokpal Bill as a Newspaper Item asking for general Views of Public on it. I must say that this Lokpal is not going to help us. See the provisions they have introduced in it. Some of the Flaws noted by me- 

1. Honourable Prime Minister is kept out of it's scope as we already know- so he may be allowed to do corruption ?

2. Religious & CHaritable Organisations are kept out of it's scope - so that they become Indirect Source of Corruption for Politicians & others ?

3. Maximum Period of Seven years fixed for filing complaint - why maximum period for passing the Final orders shouldn't be passed ?

4. Tranfer or suspension of Corrupt official - why not any prosecution, penalty, recovery of amount misutilised ? In contrast the bill is demanding penalty & prosecution on perons filing fake compalints.

5. One can see that there is no provision for protection of complainant from those Offenders !

So, i urge all of you to send your views on this Lokpal bill & give suggestions for it's modification.