Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Excise >

Excise duty charged to traders

Pages : 1

partner

[ Scorecard : 30]
Posted On 18 January 2013 at 18:55 Report Abuse

Hi,

I am a trader. I purchased exciseable goods from a manufacturer. He charged me VAT and excise amount in the invoice.

I want to resell the goods in other state. so i have to pay CST of 2% against C form . but what about excise? how much excise amount should i charge to the company who i am selling? also do i require registration in excise dept.? 

Online classes for CA CS CMA

Devendra
M.COM CA Final [Group 2- Cleared] CS Professional

[ Scorecard : 4406]
Posted On 18 January 2013 at 20:43

1 )You need not charge Excise, as you are not the Manufacturer of the Goods. You being a Wholeseller, Distributor or a Retailer (Trader) shall have to charge CST in the Invoice. 

2) Hence, there is no need to get yourself registered with the Excise Department.

Regards,

Devendra Kulkarni

Gaurav Mangal
partner

[ Scorecard : 30]
Posted On 20 January 2013 at 16:26

ok, but the buyer wants to purchase +excise. as he wants to reuse the goods and avail excise benefit. so in that case how can i invoice him?

Originally posted by : Devendra

1 )You need not charge Excise, as you are not the Manufacturer of the Goods. You being a Wholeseller, Distributor or a Retailer (Trader) shall have to charge CST in the Invoice. 

2) Hence, there is no need to get yourself registered with the Excise Department.

Regards,

Devendra Kulkarni

Roopesh Vakharia
a

[ Scorecard : 27]
Posted On 31 January 2013 at 18:42

Originally posted by : Gaurav Mangal

ok, but the buyer wants to purchase +excise. as he wants to reuse the goods and avail excise benefit. so in that case how can i invoice him?

Originally posted by : Devendra

Regards,

Devendra Kulkarni

Then you need to register as a delaer with central excise and then transfer the exact amount of excise received to the customer via your own gatepass

Malay Manoj Lakhani
Owner

[ Scorecard : 33]
Posted On 06 February 2013 at 19:22

Hi, I am not sure if this is the right thread for this but this was closeest that I found to my query.

Suppose, I am an Excise regd trader and I am selling goods to non-excise registered unit. Even then, do i need to prepare the detailed excise invoice that I issue for the goods that i sell to the units which are excise registered (and wants to claim excise)

Roopesh Vakharia
a

[ Scorecard : 27]
Posted On 06 February 2013 at 23:28

Originally posted by : Malay Manoj Lakhani

Hi, I am not sure if this is the right thread for this but this was closeest that I found to my query.

Suppose, I am an Excise regd trader and I am selling goods to non-excise registered unit. Even then, do i need to prepare the detailed excise invoice that I issue for the goods that i sell to the units which are excise registered (and wants to claim excise)

No not at all.

V.Rajalakshmi
proprietrix

[ Scorecard : 65]
Posted On 07 February 2013 at 15:58

Dear gaurav

You can pass on the excise only if you are a registered dealer. istage and 2n stage traders also can pass on the excise to the customer provided registration from central excise is necessary.

Prabhat Kumar
Advocate & Consultant

[ Scorecard : 418]
Posted On 07 February 2013 at 16:22

You can charge the gross amount which you have paid to the manufacturer.But your buyer wants to take the credit of duty paid amount, he can tke the credit of excise duty paid only if you are registered with the department as dealer.

There are 7 Replies to this message

Related Files