close x

Excise duty charged to traders

Hi,

I am a trader. I purchased exciseable goods from a manufacturer. He charged me VAT and excise amount in the invoice.

I want to resell the goods in other state. so i have to pay CST of 2% against C form . but what about excise? how much excise amount should i charge to the company who i am selling? also do i require registration in excise dept.? 

Chartered Accountant

1 )You need not charge Excise, as you are not the Manufacturer of the Goods. You being a Wholeseller, Distributor or a Retailer (Trader) shall have to charge CST in the Invoice. 

2) Hence, there is no need to get yourself registered with the Excise Department.

Regards,

Devendra Kulkarni

ok, but the buyer wants to purchase +excise. as he wants to reuse the goods and avail excise benefit. so in that case how can i invoice him?

Originally posted by : Devendra

1 )You need not charge Excise, as you are not the Manufacturer of the Goods. You being a Wholeseller, Distributor or a Retailer (Trader) shall have to charge CST in the Invoice. 

2) Hence, there is no need to get yourself registered with the Excise Department.

Regards,

Devendra Kulkarni

Originally posted by : Gaurav Mangal

ok, but the buyer wants to purchase +excise. as he wants to reuse the goods and avail excise benefit. so in that case how can i invoice him?

Originally posted by : Devendra

Regards,

Devendra Kulkarni

Then you need to register as a delaer with central excise and then transfer the exact amount of excise received to the customer via your own gatepass

Hi, I am not sure if this is the right thread for this but this was closeest that I found to my query.

Suppose, I am an Excise regd trader and I am selling goods to non-excise registered unit. Even then, do i need to prepare the detailed excise invoice that I issue for the goods that i sell to the units which are excise registered (and wants to claim excise)

Originally posted by : Malay Manoj Lakhani

Hi, I am not sure if this is the right thread for this but this was closeest that I found to my query.

Suppose, I am an Excise regd trader and I am selling goods to non-excise registered unit. Even then, do i need to prepare the detailed excise invoice that I issue for the goods that i sell to the units which are excise registered (and wants to claim excise)

No not at all.

Dear gaurav

You can pass on the excise only if you are a registered dealer. istage and 2n stage traders also can pass on the excise to the customer provided registration from central excise is necessary.

Advocate & Consultant

You can charge the gross amount which you have paid to the manufacturer.But your buyer wants to take the credit of duty paid amount, he can tke the credit of excise duty paid only if you are registered with the department as dealer.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to login   Click here to Register

Share on :