Easy Office
LCI Learning

DUMMY IN MY FIRM...SHOULD HE BE PUNISHED?

Page no : 3

CA Rajat Jain (CA) (1677 Points)
Replied 19 March 2011

keep silence

Naman (Accountant) (339 Points)
Replied 19 March 2011

Originally posted by : Dhaval K.Toprani

Why not be punished???
I dont know the procedure but I think dummies shouldn't happen...

Its the same degree so the effort must be there too...

no pain no gain!!!

Sasanka..it seems you are doing dummy articleship too...

well if there's little work but atleast there's an effort to go and sit in the office...

If you are an article you will be doing some job in the firm

Shan Antony (Industrial Trainee) (243 Points)
Replied 19 March 2011

Godse had his own reasons to kill gandhiji. As per your theorum,you should also support godse. Do you sasanka?

Himanshu (Proprietor at H. R. Thacker and Co.)   (1439 Points)
Replied 19 March 2011

Originally posted by : Shan Antony
Godse had his own reasons to kill gandhiji. As per your theorum,you should also support godse. Do you sasanka?

Nice answer buddy.

and ya @ Dhaval i agree with u and okay if u r only 19yrs old so what? u have more mind then others who are saying that she should not complain. According to me she should complain

And ya jo log kharab experience ki baat kar rahe he vo pls remember one thing "No pain, no gain"...CA ban ne k bad me b bahot sari politics jelni he agar abi se experince nai hoga to aage jake kuch nai kar paoge and aapko b pese kamane k liye dummy articles se pese leke gujara karna padega....

Raunak (CA Final) (227 Points)
Replied 19 March 2011

woa woa..!! clashes of ego eh?? ppl r going way off the topic n how did gandhiji or godse come in between..!! lol..!!

Requesting an admin or mod to close down the topic pls..

Ankur (CA Final Student) (999 Points)
Replied 19 March 2011

Its simple mind your own business.................there are many instances when Ca's themselves give dummy,b'coz they dont have any work and vice-versa........

And also there is no issue like "this is why India isn't progressing and stuff"..................corrupt politicians are the reason for it and not a guy doing dummy training....

If a person doesn't do training,its his problem.........

CA Arindam Dey (Chartered Accountant) (117 Points)
Replied 19 March 2011

@ Alifiya: If you wish to be the Whistle blower, there's no stopping, but make sure you have adequate plans to meet the dire circumstances that can emerge. After all you are in the crossroads of CONSCIENCE and RATIONALITY-choose what suits you better.

Joey Tribbiani (fdg) (2010 Points)
Replied 19 March 2011

1st of all u people dont go brig bragging. We all know dummy has its advantages and disadvantages too. And for the question of sitting idle in office doesnt arise becauseall CAs has some work or the other otherwise they wudnt be practising.That is a different thing.

As for the question of giving dummy training,I can say after completing my 2.5 years that my CA also gave dummies,but he didnt gave it for no reason. We had 3 articles as dummy, one of them was the daughter of a Director of a client company,so to maintain cordial relations he had to give in to that directors demand. 2nd one was a married man who had to earn for his wife and family so he was working to feed himself and his family,so he was let off by my CA after a year or so of articleship.And 3rd one was the son of his former partner who was let off after 1.5 years to work in another firm to gain exposure in different area,i.e. indirect taxes. So u should understand practicalities of life rather than go strictly by the  book. If there is dummy then there may be reason,for that.

Siddharth (Get Digital Signature Certificates (DSC) in 30 minutes! Click on send PM!)   (672 Points)
Replied 19 March 2011

Yeah ^^^ right! Only if ICAI will understand and allow this one time amnesty.. ;) Everyone can give tens of reasons to take dummy..

YASH JAIN (ARTICLE) (554 Points)
Replied 19 March 2011

I think every credit has a corresponding debit in life and vice versa.Any decision taken by us shows results within a given time frame.So the student who has taken a dummy is enjoying the credit of time and joyful movement as of now.But if he someday goes to work he himself will find out how much debit he has done by not going to articles. Now as for u alifiya i think u should not get involve in this matter of complaining to ICAI  just be busy in ur work and studies. All the best.

1 Like

Bijoy N.Momaya (www.RupeeResearch.com (Eqty Advisory & Stock Broker))   (477 Points)
Replied 19 March 2011

why are u so much concerned about the freedom he is enjoying. Its enough that u are working hard. Look at your future and be concerned about yourself.

No hard feelings plz but if u want to win then dont look at such small things. Keep ur vision clear. U want to be a CA and not the 1 who looks to all such small things.

(Guest)

Guys some of our members are very angry on me and my feelings i apologise to all of them..but one thing i would like to clarify inever support dummy i always suggest everyone to take articles seriously..but i just supported only those whose family conditions and personal life cannot adjust with articlship take articles in dummy ..so please don't misunderstand me..anyways i once again apologise to everyone..sorry.:/

CA. ANKUR JAIN (CA.....) (2800 Points)
Replied 19 March 2011

@ sanskara

if someone's family conditions or personal life is not able to adjust for the backbone of a course then whats the point to go for that course?????????/

There are many others which even dont require to get out of home........

Well bro dont take personally its only my view

Join CCI Pro