Easy Office
LCI Learning

DUMMY IN MY FIRM...SHOULD HE BE PUNISHED?

Page no : 2

(Guest)

Nice example Dhaval i agree..i too told u first that i too not support the dummy articles who take for the reason for not interested in doing them..but support them who take it for some unavoidable reasons which i can't specify..I have seen somany who took articleship for dummy and doing the articles..anyways lets not argue anymore..

Lalit Kumar (Vice President ) (2213 Points)
Replied 19 March 2011

This is not Chalta hai attitude.. this is with regards to someone' s Career.. If someone has to do somethin abt it, let them qualify as a CA, stand in elections, become the President or Vice Presi of Insti and change the rules.. Good to decide with Hosh and not with Josh...

(Guest)

Article Training in our CA Profession….!

By CA. Mayur Zanwar (BCom, FCA, DISA, DIRM)

Source: Email

Dummy articleship has become a much talked about topic in our CA profession. Our profession, these days is facing lot of problem because of dummy articleship.

We receive calls from CA students enquiring whether we would permit the dummy articleship and would convey that "Sir we don't want stipend. I will refund the stipend and please let me know the premium required for permitting the dummy articleship".

One incidence I would like to mention here, one of my colleague gave transfer to his articles due to his absentees and irregularity and the article joined another CA member. Some days later my colleague joined car driving class and much to his surprise same article was also there at car driving learning classes at 4.00 pm in afternoon and at the same time pursuing his articleship in his office hours at 4.00 pm.

This is the high time when we should consider our CA articleship seriously.

The CA students will become members of our ICAI tomorrow. When such good percentage of our CA students are under going such type of articleship and duly supported by their principal how one can expect from them to practice in and follow the principles of ethics.

We talk about independence in performing ones responsibility in the CA profession. Wherever our relation or relative are having substantial interest there is the requirement of disclosure or in many situation we have to reject the assignments. The reason behind it is that our conscience and independence of performing our duties are defeated.

Then why not should we consider the same principle in giving article training to our CA Students. Why should ICAI not allow members to give article training to their relatives for e.g. son, daughter, spouse, brother, sister, nephew etc.

Due to loopholes in the structure of articles rules and regulations these rules and regulations are bound to be modified as per the convenience of the CA member or CA student. So when genuine articles are frustrated due to study burden and articleship whereas dummy articles are enjoying good coaching and preparation time.

But there are always two sides of any situation. It is also important to analyze the second side i.e. the student's mind set behind this.

We are constantly said that we live in a competitive global economy in which only results and performance are considered. Everybody is running on there feet's to be in this race of competition. Student's aim's and goal for their career in this competitive world make them leave no stone unturned.

We often hear from CA students that those who get good coaching and more preparation leave for exams get higher marks in exams. Also most of them clear exams in 1st attempt and few of them secure ranks also. Even in campus interview they are preferred because as said above, corporate sector considers the result.

Due to this many times students from small cities and towns not having good coaching facilities prefer to go to other cities for availing CA coaching. Due to some recent amendments it is not possible to take transfer, in such situation students resort to practice of dummy articleship.

E.g. we see CA student in Nagpur doing Graduation in Nagpur, articleship in Nagpur, coaching in Pune.

Our profession has changed a lot as compared to earlier days. Today CA's are doing work in non traditional areas, Management Consultancy services, Industry etc. Many times what article studies in his/her articleship tenure has nothing to do with the profession in which he/she will make his/ her career.

We should concentrate on qualitative aspect of articleship than the quantitative aspect. This aspect is required to be considered while framing the time duration and contents of articleship. Even shorter period of articleship of 2 years would serve the purpose if proper training is imparted during the tenure and the students are sincerely undergoing the training.

I can understand that it is not easy to manage such huge CA family but few small steps would definitely improve the scenario. I would like to suggest some solutions:

1. ICAI should not allow members to give article training to their relatives.

2. ICAI should permit sufficient days of leave for examination purpose.

3. CA Coaching institute should be asked to submit details of all the students pursuing training in their institute along with their articleship registration copy and timing of their classes.

4. The control mechanism should be strictly implemented.

The views are written with a aim to bring about serious thought process and for the betterment of our profession.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : alifiya

MY SIR HAS GIVEN DUMMY ARTICLE

I WANA INFORM THIS TO ICAI

WHAT CAN I DO?

Complaints relating to matters of dummy articles and coaching classes during non-permissible hours. - (05-06-2009)

The following email ids have been configured for lodging complaints relating to matters of dummy articles and coaching classes during non-permissible hours.

complaints.dummyarticles @ icai.in Complaints/matters relating to dummy articles
complaints.coachinghours @ icai.in Complaints/matters relating to coaching classes during non-permissible hours (i.e. between 9.30 A.M. and 5.30 P.M)

Secretary
Date: 5th June 2009

Raunak (CA Final) (227 Points)
Replied 19 March 2011

its so damn funny tat a few ppl think tat dummy articles is ok..!! wats d use of "articleship" itself?? cudnt u jst sit at home n give all the exams??

there was a time when students were jst so helpless and they just wanted some work in ny kinda ca firm and d principals had tat attitude that ill give u the cheque and withdraw that amount and give it back to me..

in some cases today students GIVE stipend money to their princpals so that dummy articles is allowed..!! its so hillarious..!! 

i mean later on when u become a CA are u gonna do the same?? nythin for money?? all that professional ethics we are thought as subjects;...its jst down the drain..!! 

and seriously once these CA's membership shud be revoked for allowing dummy articles..and their status shud be posted on icai.org...it wil be fun :)

Tehsinkhan Pathan (CA CMA DISA(ICAI) B.COM)   (3956 Points)
Replied 19 March 2011

Originally posted by : LKR ~ A CA in Making!!

@ alifiya - my advice would be keep quite.. u just think and see abt urself.. dont be bothered abt others.. its their life.. if they do dummy they wont get the experience.. let us bother abt our business.. U struggle, u come up and u rejoice.. by givin a letter to insti u will be puttin urself into trouble too.. since ur boss will be declared guilty under professional ethics and everyone who have undergone or are undergoin articles period will be declared non valid..

Siddharth (Get Digital Signature Certificates (DSC) in 30 minutes! Click on send PM!)   (672 Points)
Replied 19 March 2011

Depends upon your philosophy, ethics and courage. You can take this to ICAI, but do you consider the possibility, what if your principal comes to know about it? Idealism is good, but practicality?  There would be people agreeing to any of the options. The choice is yours at the end of the day, it's your call. Maybe you can make an anonymous complaint and see what happens. I don't think genuine articles would be affected by this professional misconduct of your principal. ICAI is likely to call for proof relating to articleship of all the articles. It maybe possible that there would be proof in paper to make that dummy genuine.... Like the way people post in fake transactions..

One might also use this point to threaten the boss... people like me.. :P or, get some favour.. 

Refer this annoucement in order to complain:

https://www.icai.org/post.html?post_id=4535

anirban dev (....... :)) (151 Points)
Replied 19 March 2011

@ AifiyA

Why are you so much concerned about punishing your principle.....

because remember that if your principle is caught providing dummies and its proved simultaneously. then his membership stands suspended for about a minimum six months. In that case you too might come into trouble.

Leave the dummies to face the future. even if he passes the theoritical exams how do you think he would face the practical world. 

SIDHARTH DHIR (senior articled assistant)   (623 Points)
Replied 19 March 2011

Dhaval, you are still a kid, you havent faced the realities yet, we'll ask after 2 years.

Dhaval K.Toprani (CA-IPCC Student) (1150 Points)
Replied 19 March 2011

Where does the question of being a kid come into the centre...I'm 19..is that a kid from your perspective???oh well how old are you then???54 yrs???

Replied 19 March 2011

Ok let that be I dont want to get into the age factor...give me your point of view rather..the so called matured after 2 years view

Replied 19 March 2011

no, you will face it sooner or later

Learning and getting Competence is one thing and Suffering from others ego's  is another thing.

You will learn it some day.

Replied 19 March 2011

buddy..u dont know me enough..I may not have started articleship officially but I've already been to CA firm and learnt a lot under him like any other article...and besides you are way off target from the topic...give me something related to this post..related to dummy articleship!!!

1 Like

Replied 19 March 2011

Alifiya, if an article hasnt even attended a single day in articleship, you must report it to ICAI. 

BUT SAY IF 6months or 1 year time is taken as dummy,

then it doesnt matter

Jaane do yaar!

Replied 19 March 2011

Originally posted by : SiDD_
Depends upon your philosophy, ethics and courage. You can take this to ICAI, but do you consider the possibility, what if your principal comes to know about it? Idealism is good, but practicality?  There would be people agreeing to any of the options. The choice is yours at the end of the day, it's your call. Maybe you can make an anonymous complaint and see what happens. I don't think genuine articles would be affected by this professional misconduct of your principal. ICAI is likely to call for proof relating to articleship of all the articles. It maybe possible that there would be proof in paper to make that dummy genuine.... Like the way people post in fake transactions..

One might also use this point to threaten the boss... people like me.. :P or, get some favour.. 

Refer this annoucement in order to complain:
https://www.icai.org/post.html?post_id=4535

i share the view.....

Join CCI Pro