Easy Office

Duplicate Share Certificate

Page no : 2

CS Iti Goyal (company secretary) (56 Points)
Replied 06 July 2012

Hi all,

can anybody tell me the procedure for issuing duplicate share certificate of a private limited company?????????

Sidrah (Strategic Planning Analyst)   (21 Points)
Replied 25 September 2012

Hi

My father passed away over 20 years ago and he had purchased shares with him listed as the primary holder and my mother listed as the secondary holder. 

I have been trying to have all shares in my mother's sole name (deletion of name), however we do not have all share certificates.  I am aware that the normal process would be to obtain a FIR report, however we live in the UK and this is not feasible for us.

I have been informed I can instruct a lawyer to obtain a court order to enable the company to issue duplicate share certificates.  

a)  What procedure would the lawyer need to follow and how long should it take?

b)  is there a law society or body that can refer lawyers that are able to provide this service?

Thank you for your help and I look forward to your response.

Kind regards

Sidrah

CS Ankur Srivastava (Company Secretary & Compliance Officer)   (17848 Points)
Replied 26 September 2012

Originally posted by : CS Iti Goyal

Hi all,

can anybody tell me the procedure for issuing duplicate share certificate of a private limited company?????????

For duplicate share certificate following documents are to be obtained:

1. Request letter;

2. Copy of FIR;

3. Copy of public notice;

4. Affidavit and Indemnity Bond;

on receipt of all the requried documents the company shall issue duplicate share certificate and record the same in its books. Duplicate share certificates are to be issued by previous approval of Board.

CS Ankur Srivastava (Company Secretary & Compliance Officer)   (17848 Points)
Replied 26 September 2012

Originally posted by : Sidrah

Hi

My father passed away over 20 years ago and he had purchased shares with him listed as the primary holder and my mother listed as the secondary holder. 

I have been trying to have all shares in my mother's sole name (deletion of name), however we do not have all share certificates.  I am aware that the normal process would be to obtain a FIR report, however we live in the UK and this is not feasible for us.

I have been informed I can instruct a lawyer to obtain a court order to enable the company to issue duplicate share certificates.  

a)  What procedure would the lawyer need to follow and how long should it take?

b)  is there a law society or body that can refer lawyers that are able to provide this service?

Thank you for your help and I look forward to your response.

Kind regards

Sidrah
If the original shareholder has died, it will be the case of Duplicate cum transmission of shares. Documents Required: 1. Request Letter 2. Affidavit and Indemnity Bond for transmission as legal heir 3. Death Certificate On the basis of above documents the shares would be transmitted and new certificate will be issued by the Company.

Read more at: /forum/details.asp?mod_id=69500&offset=2#.UGKYB66aRJE
If the original shareholder has died, it will be the case of Duplicate cum transmission of shares. Documents Required: 1. Request Letter 2. Affidavit and Indemnity Bond for transmission as legal heir 3. Death Certificate On the basis of above documents the shares would be transmitted and new certificate will be issued by the Company.

Read more at: /forum/details.asp?mod_id=69500&offset=2#.UGKYB66aRJE

If the original shareholder has died, it will be the case of Duplicate cum transmission of shares.

Documents Required:

1. Request Letter

2. Affidavit and Indemnity Bond for transmission as legal heir

3. Death Certificate

On the basis of above documents the shares would be transmitted and new certificate will be issued by the Company.

This process may be done by the authorised person in India but the documents are to be signed by the person in whose name share are to be transmitted.

Niraj (Self Employed) (67 Points)
Replied 08 October 2012

Mr. A invested Rs.15,000/- in cash for purchase of equity shares of a private limited company 4 years ago. Equity Shares were allotted in his name and Form No. 2 was filed by the company with MCA. No share certificate received by Mr. A from the company. He does not have any receipt or proof of cash payment to the company except copy of Form No.2 filed by the company with his name as one of the allottee. Directors are not handing over share certificate to Mr. A for the reasons best known to them.

What action Mr. A should take against the company and directors in this situation? What are the penal provisions against the company and defaulting directors. Please advise.

Thanks

shruti kedia (Assistant) (21 Points)
Replied 16 December 2013

Dear Sir,

Thanks for the info above. I have a doubt. Could anyone plz clarify it asap.

I have a private Limited Company and we have issues 2 certificates to the subscriber. The Subscribers have lost the share and I have to issue a duplicate certiifcate againt it . Will the duplicate share certificate bear the number 3 or it will just mention in lieu of certificate 1. 

Regards

Harsh Gupta (Student) (47 Points)
Replied 01 June 2014

I have lost my Share Certificate of a Company. But I want to issue a duplicate share certificate at a new address. What is the procedure ? Please inform.

Aditi (CS) (39 Points)
Replied 24 November 2015

first issue dupliacte share certificates and then proceed for transfer.

Vikram Jakhadi (2 Points)
Replied 25 January 2018

This was really helpful. Would you kindly let me know under what law this provision is give.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: