Easy Office

Communication u/s 143(1)(a)

Page no : 6

Vamsi Kumar (2 Points)
Replied 28 July 2017

Originally posted by : Subir Mukherjee
Hi,

Even I have received the same letter.

I had filed ITR1 since I am salaried and serving in private organisation. Within the Form 16 as received from my organisation. I have entered the Gross Income in my ITR1 form as per "Gross total income (6+7)" from my Form 16 form which is after deducting "Deductions u/s 24 - Interest" against housing loan which I had filed on 16th June 2017.

Today, I received a soft copy from I Tax with Subject : "Communication of proposed adjustment u/s 143(1)(a) of Income Tax Act, 1961. It mentions to respond to the adjustments(s) proposed u/s. 143(1)(a) within 30 days.

Also its mentioned that an revised return upload can be enabled to process with complete of data. 

Since there is NO provision for Deductions u/s 24 - Interest, can you guide me what is the suitable steps for me. 

Also I am facing the same problem there is No notice in the "e-assesment / procedding" section

I would appreciate guidance on this please.

I also got same letter for Home Loan interest is not taken into consideration for calculating mismatch amount

neeraj gupta (1138 Points)
Replied 28 July 2017

Guys these notices are autogenerated by the system these days. As some of the members have pointed out, the IT dept is asking people to wait for the further communication. This shouldn't have happened in the first place, but in case you have your records correct, no body can do any harm to you.

Abey (Article) (39 Points)
Replied 28 July 2017

Guys, I don't think it was a mistake as many of you suggested.

The IT website even has a big banner now in their hompage itself, that says everything should be matched with Form 16.

I think this is a really dumb decision. Because what is the purpose of filing the return in the first place if everything should be disclosed in Form 16 in itself?

1 Like

Arijit Das (37 Points)
Replied 28 July 2017

Originally posted by : Abey Austin
Guys, I don't think it was a mistake as many of you suggested.

The IT website even has a big banner now in their hompage itself, that says everything should be matched with Form 16.

I think this is a really dumb decision. Because what is the purpose of filing the return in the first place if everything should be disclosed in Form 16 in itself?

This is stupid. How do I declare what the interest amount is going to be from ssvings accounts ? Is it possible to exactly match the amount with form 16?

Nitesh Varshney (6 Points)
Replied 28 July 2017

hello, 

is any one here who has submitted reply of e-assesment/proceeding on incometax site, as of now i could not open the tab. it says no record found,

if any one recieve next intimation by it deptt. please share here.

smiley

Er. A. K. Kalyan (2 Points)
Replied 28 July 2017

I received same today

my taxable income is 702900

but income tax notice says as per form 16/16A its 1197319  differenece of 494419  for addition in income

but my actual income as per form 16 is 702900.

what to do now?

Kamal Nayan (9 Points)
Replied 29 July 2017

But when there are no records in the e-proceedings section of incometaxindiaefiling.com site, how to respond ? As per the notice, the response should be from e-proceedings only.

YNG (SysEng) (22 Points)
Replied 30 July 2017

It would take 3-4 days to get "e-proceeding" details activated after receiving the mail for corrections.

This is a system generated mail, but i feel this is not a glitch. We need to submit response within 30 days, else IT dept will be treating that we are agreeing to the corrections made by them. So, be ready with your documents.

subramanian (Human) (26 Points)
Replied 30 July 2017

I received the sec 143 intimation too. Again in my case it is because of adding interest of around 8900 in other sources and claiming deduction 80TTA of 8900. It is quite clearly a auto generated report. They need to set it right. The eproceedings tab says no records found!

Kamal Nayan (9 Points)
Replied 30 July 2017

If the intention was to seek suporting documents, they could have made provisions for attaching the proof during submission iteself.

Anyway, what are the documents needed for claiming the savings account interest exemption of 10k under 80TTA ?

subramanian (Human) (26 Points)
Replied 30 July 2017

I think we will have to wait for 2-3 days and see.. I don't think they will want proof for 80 TTA.. they just want to ensure that the interest income is added in other sources and not just claimed under 80TTA

Nisha (Job) (140 Points)
Replied 30 July 2017

Showing "No records found" in e-assessment/proceedings after login.. What to do in such a case? Will submitting a grievance would be sufficient with all the documents claiming deduction under Chapter VIA

Kunal Aggarwal (Despacito) (22 Points)
Replied 30 July 2017

I have also received 143(1)(a) intimation, deduction under 80TTA seems to be the reason.. but what surprises me the most is that the attachment sent is not even password protected while they have asked to use PAN and DOB to open the attachment. Is this the case with anyone else?

Nitesh Varshney (6 Points)
Replied 31 July 2017

LINK OF E-ASSESSMENT/PROCEEDING ACTIVATE AFTER 96 HOURS/4DAY FOR MY USER ID. EXPERTS! PLEASE SHARE HELPFUL MANUAL.

Kapil Aggarwal (44 Points)
Replied 31 July 2017

Hi All,

I have received interest certificates from bank but they havent provided TAN details as there are no tax deducted by them.

I called income tax and spoke to one of the executive today , they told me to wait and do not take any action. There will be new communication going to receive by all.

looks like more calls they will get the easy solution for all of us.

I am going to get the TAN number of bank and going to attach the scan copies of the interest income certiciates.

cheers

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: