Easy Office
LCI Learning

Ca final law may 2015

Page no : 3

Yogesh Iyer (Articled Assistant ) (83 Points)
Replied 09 May 2015

I completely second all those who had ranted about the Institute's holier than thou expectations by ranting about it.

For memory storage, devices like Pen Drives, HDDs and SSDs are available. We don't need brains for that.

No wonder the quality of Chartered Accountants, on a global basis is falling - especially when people with high-level rote learning capacities get an advantage and clear the exam without having to apply their brains.

As regards standards, paper quality should be improved. This time's SFM paper was a good example of a paper which thoroughly tests concepts. Arbitrarily, artificially curtailing/ awarding marks and holding back/ clearing students is ridiculous.

End of rant.

Now to AMA!

1 Like

hardik mehta (student) (59 Points)
Replied 09 May 2015

the only thing is ICAI wants to frame the result. If it wants to supply more CA dey can pass u out anyway but if dey want to restrict the supply dey vl nt let u pass in anyway. Dey r setting d papers n giving results on market demand of CAs.

RAHUL VASHISTH (PWC) (84 Points)
Replied 10 May 2015

Pathetic paper how can anyone memorized lots of penalties at a same time... Plz do not play with our carrier cafnl student itna hard work Kr raha wht u give in reward paper like this very depressing.....aagar institute ke paper setter ko pucha Ki ap penalties btao even they can not memorized they same for 5 min

PARV (TAX ASSISTANT.) (202 Points)
Replied 10 May 2015

I aanalyse last 5 papers in which Q7 was full of allied law, in Q 1 to 6 only banking, scra 1956 , n sebi were asked, I prepared with this pattern, but. Unfortunately CCI, FEMA, prevention of money laundering came in 1 to 6

PARV (TAX ASSISTANT.) (202 Points)
Replied 10 May 2015

I aanalyse last 5 papers in which Q7 was full of allied law, in Q 1 to 6 only banking, scra 1956 , n sebi were asked, I prepared with this pattern, but. Unfortunately CCI, FEMA, prevention of money laundering came in 1 to 6

shreyas (nil) (27 Points)
Replied 10 May 2015

@ Aarti...can you please paste the link to notification? Institue's going to get some piece of my mind:|

Aarti (Article clerk) (46 Points)
Replied 10 May 2015

Shreyas - https://icai.org/new_post.H T M L?post_id=11571&c_id=219

Zoya Khan (ABC) (800 Points)
Replied 10 May 2015

People are crying about penalties like whole paper was from that only. There were only around 10 marks from penalty and rest was from normal provisions. And about rattafication,yes this paper is for rattafying,you cannot manufacture your own provisions but only have to adhere to what is said in the act. Even Institute would have asked all the questions with case laws,you would have still need to remember the exact provisions in that regard. The only way out of not learning sections is the introduction of open book examination in law papers,which is not happening anytime soon. So instead of ranting and blaming ICAI for your misfortune,toe in line with ICAI's pattern if you want to pass their exams. Institute always has been like this and it will be asking like this only for some time to come,so start doing what ICAI wants,if you want membership.

Rant over. 

Priyanka Jain (student) (28 Points)
Replied 10 May 2015

Any one here to upload paper..:-/

vivek pathak (chartered Accountant ) (65 Points)
Replied 10 May 2015

100% correct @ zoya khan

upensmarty (senior post) (28 Points)
Replied 10 May 2015

M surprise to see comment of few persons regarding exemption!! It was a tough paper! But few people want to degrade the result of ca final by saying easy .... exemption nd all, thats y they r posting from different bogus ids just focus on 2nd group !! rest leave everything on icai!!

manish (ca) (23 Points)
Replied 10 May 2015

Only want to supply articles to existing cas

Ankur (CA Final Student) (999 Points)
Replied 10 May 2015

Wow another one lands from the heaven to preach us. @ zoya Khan. Only 10 marks from penalties? Even if they were, people fail by 2 marks... Maybe you are a super scholar who always passes with 50 marks extra. We are not that good, sorry to say. Also, in a case study based question, you need only to mention the correct provision and show its application. No need for mugging up section nos. Its way easier that way. We, the lowly people, have given more attempts and know better than you about paper pattern. You just need to have basic idea So, cut the crap.

Piyush Agrawal (Pursuing CA & CS Final & Doing Practice of Tax Consultants )   (45 Points)
Replied 11 May 2015

Law paper was easy except penalty i am not understanding that in law so much sections having penalty how a student can remember all the penalty instead of penalty they can asked anything

Radhika (-) (107 Points)
Replied 16 May 2015

I partly agree and partly diagree.

@ Zoya Khan-Even 10-12 marks matter a lot. I am saying this because in my first attempt Nov 14 , I have missed clearing group 1 by 9 marks only. So I know how even 2-3 marks per paper matter a lot. This time I had learned sections no etc also, which I didnt last time properly, but penalties?? Man, it is not possible to rote learn the same.

But yes we should not demoralise people whose exam went well and instead learn something good from every individual. :)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: