Easy Office

Service Tax on Transportation

Page no : 2
(Guest)

Dear Sir,

We had imported one machine and for this we had to pay Transportation charges amounting to Rs.17,20,000.00. Transporter has mention in his invoice that we have to pay service tax on it. He is not liable for paying service tax.

Please advice how much % we have to deposit to service tax  authority?

Thanks,

Gargi.

ANAND (ACCOUNTANT) (23 Points)
Replied 03 May 2008

DATE : 03.05.2008

DEAR SIR,

WE HAVE ONE TEXTILE FIRM, WE BOUGHT GOODS FROM ANOTHER CITY.

EACH AND EVERY TIME THE TRANSPORTATION CHARGES IS MORE THAN RS. FIVE THOUSAND. ( RS. 5,000/- ONWORDS )

IN THIS SITUATION, CAN WE PAY ANY SERVICE TAX? IF YES PLEASE CLARIFY NEATLY.

(Guest)
what is the service tax for services received transport agencies and as a sugar manufacturer can we avail abetment of 75% to pay service tax for the period 2008-2009

(Guest)

h

(Guest)

(Guest)

HI

lalit (Article Assistant) (20 Points)
Replied 21 June 2008

dear sir,

please tell me that sevice tax on Transport Outward is applicable or not?

CA Rajesh Pabari (Chartered Accountant - Advisory & Audit)   (247 Points)
Replied 23 June 2008

We are a chemical company and paying transport charges to a transporter amounting to rs. 10 lakhs, and he is not charging service tax but mention has been made on its Bill about service tax (3%) and edu cess on the same,

Do we need to pay the mentioned amount after claiming abatement, though they have not mentioned it specifically in the invoice but they gave it just like a post scriptt mentioning.

What steps need to be taken?

(Guest)

service tax rules & rates

(Guest)

Dear Sir,

Please send me Latest GTA Details for Service tax purpose

(Guest)
dear sir please send me service tax rate Financial rate (GTA)-2008-09 thanking you sanjay kumar jha

(Guest)

Had Service tax been withdrawn from transport companies

(Guest)

Dear Sir

We are clearing a consignment on behalf of our party. In this respect we have used Transportation Services of a Transporter who has submitted a Bill in our name with Rs.1500.00. The Same amount is recoverable from party as receipted expenses. We would give the copy of Transportation Bill to our party for recovering this sum.

Now Please clarify on the following points :-

1.What is the deciding factor of "Receiptant of Service" ?

2.Is it the name in which the Transportation Bill is submitted by the Transporter ?

3.If it is so , as the Transportation Bill is in our name , would we be the first receiptant of Service ??

4.In this case who will be responsible for charging the service Tax , we or our party ??

5. Are receipted expenses are not liable for service tax deduction ??

Please help us to clear these point.

Thanking you with the anticipation of your quick response.

Yogender Kumar

(Guest)

Dear sirDear Sir I want to know the tax liabilities in case of transportation. our has a company and during the financial year-07-08, i had paid transportation Rs. 25 lakhs. since goods transport agency has exemption up to 10 lakhs. whether we have to pay service tax or not, furthe as abatement is available to the extent of 75%. then whether it will fall under exemption (.25*25 lakh) 6.25 lakhs is under limit Please reply me as early as possible.

Thanking You

Chandan Burnwal

OFFICESELVA (Service) (515 Points)
Replied 15 July 2008

@   chandan burnwal   What is the service you company is rendering.  Or is it a manufacturing unit. Pl. clarify.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: