Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > VAT >

CST/VAT Registration

Pages : 1

Software

[ Scorecard : 75]
Posted On 25 December 2008 at 08:13 Report Abuse

Hi

I would like to know the format (example) of VAT and CST Registration numbers if the company is regsitered under say Karnataka and Maharashtra

Could you give me an example please?

What is TIN?

As far as I know there will be one CST number and VAT registration number for each state registration. Am I correct? If not, then do I get single CST cum VAT number for Karnataka/Mahrashtra/West Bengal and UttarPradesh (Delhi)?

Appreciate your inputs in this regard

thanks

Sridevi

Online classes for CA CS CMA

Mani VGS
Teacher

[ Scorecard : 719]
Posted On 25 December 2008 at 11:18

Refer to www.sreeramcoachingpoint.com for free download on VAT.  Ur issue is also answere.

Bye

Vidya
Accounts Executive

[ Scorecard : 564]
Posted On 26 December 2008 at 17:31

hi I am Vidya

i want to know if we register for VAT & CST in Delhi and in future if we plan to shift our business location to some other state, we have to register again in that state and cancel the registration from Delhi. Kindly inform

Thnks

Ramalinga H.B
Practice

[ Scorecard : 137]
Posted On 26 December 2008 at 17:42

Dear sri software,

As per value added tax, any person doing mfg or trading activities has to be registered under the state act (VAT) & if he is doing interstate business then he has to get registered under cst act, 1956.

If he is doing business & if he is having office in more than one state, then he/she has to get registered under each state. In this case the place of business is the criteria. in any case he has to inform the local vat office for the other unit which is situated in other state.

TIN: means Tax Indentification No.

Example: I m doing business in Kar & Mah both places & having the registered off in both places, then wat ever i do business in kar, vat will be applicable as per KVAT & sale of product in Mah. Mah vat will be applicable. In both cases, if i m selling goods to other neighbour states like chennai, hyd then i m liable to be registered under cst act.

if u have any doubt, let me know

Regds

RAM

There are 3 Replies to this message

Related Files