Easy Office
LCI Learning

CA vs ICWAI vs CS

Page no : 2

CMA S.K (Asst. Manager - Finance)   (216 Points)
Replied 14 October 2011

Hi,

Which ever course u may want to do, u become a professional when u stop asking questions and finding answers in your life.. FInd out about CA/CWA etc. and realize wht suits u the best...

I'm a CWA and 2 CA's are reporting to me. But i'm doing CA.. So its a circle of life... Find out urself.

Best Regards... 

-somebody

1 Like

(Guest)

Professional Avenues for Cost Accountants go to this link-------------   https://students.icwai.org/studies/students-career.asp

Hemant Kothari (CA) (33 Points)
Replied 15 October 2011

Dont ever do CA many CA are jobless.........And nothing can be benifitted from it ..........Instead Do CS....................BEast Course......CA IS like BEST(Buses)........Naam BAde Darshan Khote.........

(Guest)

c.a like beauracracy has the most powerful lobby and thus they have more power in getting more and more stautory powers into their proffessional ambit compared to other qualifications.But india is already changing towards a more globalised setting and more and more multinationals are setting shop here.They look for more knowledge of candidates then their statutory powers.Thus now and more so in the future the value of icwai/cs/cfa/cima/acca is going to increase.That doesn't mean that value of c.a's is going to diminish because it takes a lot of hard work and knowlede/skills etc to become a c.a.So to conclude if a person is working then he could always go for icwai or any other course which doesn't involve 3 years articleship but gain practical industrial/corporate experience.....

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!!!

4 Like

gillbates (student) (277 Points)
Replied 15 October 2011

CS IS MUCH MORE THAN ICWAI MY OPINION IS ICSI

1.   Companies with a paid up share capital of Rs.2 crores or more are compulsorily required to appoint a whole time Company Secretary who is a Member  of  ICSI

2. All companies seeking listing on Stock Exchange are required to appoint a whole time company     secretary

THERE ARE MANY LISTED COMPANIES IN OUR COUNTRY SO IT IS BETTER OPTION

CHOICE IS URS.... RISK IS URS.....BEAUTIFUL LIFE AHEAD IS URS......OPINION IS MINE

gillbates (student) (277 Points)
Replied 15 October 2011

1.   Companies with a paid up share capital of Rs.2 crores or more are compulsorily required to appoint a whole time Company Secretary who is a Member  of  ICSI

2. All companies seeking listing on Stock Exchange are required to appoint a whole time company     secretary

CHOICE IS URS.... RISK IS URS.....BEAUTIFUL LIFE AHEAD IS URS......OPINION IS MINE

Joey Tribbiani (fdg) (2010 Points)
Replied 15 October 2011

Originally posted by : CMA. Pralay Chakraborty

If u decided to do CWA , then be ready to sacrifice a couple of years of ur life... coz, its a really really hard job... u might have cm accross by listening that CWA is easier course than other courses, but the fact is that last time pass % of CWA is 2-3 % around. but at the same this time 32% has passed out in icai.(1600 % more than CWA!!!!!!!!!)...but i dn wan to demoralize u , if u give sincere effort to CWA then   u 'll b having the brightest career in the finance sector... find out this one...(though i hv posted this one earlier in this site)

A Few CFOs who r living dere life on high............. more than others(ca’s)!!!

·         Director Finance of BHEL is a CMA (giant Enggineering company)

·         Chairman and Director Finance of ONGC are CMA (the largest Oil Co).

·         The MD of the largest bank in the Pvt.Sect is a CMA (ICICI).

·         The Chairman of GIC (the largest General Insurance player) is a CMA.

·         The Chairman of the largest Pharma Co. (Pfizer) is a CMA.

·         The Chairman of the largest FMCG Co. Hindustan Unilever(HUL) is a CMA.

and the list goes on.....

Now imagine what a CMA can do!!!!

CMAs.......Rule the Corporates.......

As per as ur present situation is concern my suggestion is to do CWA, as u r working.(no need to do articleship elsewhere in a small firm, cz hardly someone get a good firm for articleship) and it is good to do CWA coz this time many ca frnz share there feelings here, that they r jobless after completng ca.. even if they managed a job its not at par with their xpectation...

And u r starting it again. it will again start a war of  words here in favour and against of CA and CWA both.. Choose your words wisely mate;(

2 Like

bhawani shankar karwa (ACCOUNTANT) (32 Points)
Replied 15 October 2011

IN commerce field ca is best bt ca take more time appx 4.5 year  if you clear all stage in one attempt bt job of ca  and cs job in all sector  but cwa job  only  in manufacturing unit.. as per my point of view if you can do ca then best field of ca is wast.................futher your choice 

2 Like

CA Karan Bansal (NA) (52 Points)
Replied 15 October 2011

Mr. Amit you need to understand one thing that  none of the professional courses are bad it depands on your interest.All the courses deals with Finance, Company law and taxation. Let me explain you

If you are planing to do CA your focus will be more on Accounting and Taxation and you will have to also undergo 3.5 years of articleship.Even under CA company law is a major part.

If you are planing to do CS your focus will be more on compliance part and you will have to deal with Company Law and Sebi regulations.Even in CS taxation,Finance and costing forms part of course curriculam.Under CS you have to undergo training of 1.5 years.

If you are planing to do ICWAi your focus will be more on costing and in this course also taxation and company law is very much there.Under ICWAI you have to undergo a training of 3 years.

My advise to you will be to first decide your interest. CA, CS, ICWAI are masters in their own field and in todays world you need to be updated whichever course you do.So dont worry just decide which course to do and just go and enroll for any one of them all of them are best.

2 Like

Sourav Banerjee MA,MSW (Shabda Bramha) (8842 Points)
Replied 15 October 2011

@ Future CA CS :  P.s. No CA vs CWA fight after my comment please.

Thanks. We don't need it anymore.

3 Like

Neha Desai (Finance Analyst) (100 Points)
Replied 16 October 2011

CA carries more weightage in the market. A lengthy course though, yet its prestigious reputation in the society & employment sector, pays off our efforts and patience to acquire the honouring degree.

I perceive the word CA to mean  "Commanding Authority" in the field of Finance, Accounts & Taxation.

Go for CA buddy..........!

:)

Hardik Dave (IPCC and CS Professional(FINAL) Student)   (15533 Points)
Replied 16 October 2011

All three courses are best.smile.

Shakeher (Student) (81 Points)
Replied 16 October 2011

Definitely Chartered Accountancy is best , point being - many of the wise Men sitting on top positions in corporate world are Chartered Accountants ! also Independent Professional practice is much rewarding than any other profession  !

Rakesh (Executive- Commercial & CMA final student)   (179 Points)
Replied 19 October 2011

As per me for working people CWA is best option as in corporate world there is no differrence between CA/CWA...

However if u r thinking for practicing the CA/CWA then must go 4 CA.

Chandranath Banerjee (Cost Accountant & Company Secretary)   (235 Points)
Replied 23 December 2011

Originally posted by : gillbates

1.   Companies with a paid up share capital of Rs. 2 crores or more are compulsorily required to appoint a whole time Company Secretary who is a Member  of  ICSI

Dear Rs.5 Crores paid up capital

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: