Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > VAT > Others >

C FORM ISSUE

Pages : 1 2

ACCOUNTANT

[ Scorecard : 35]
Posted On 22 October 2010 at 17:04 Report Abuse

We are purchasing material from our supplier of karnataka state.we make sale inv of purchase return + cst tax to our supplier from karnataka.Please suggest us weather we issue C form of less purchase return or collect c form from supplier of karnata whom we raise purchase return inv + cst.

Online classes for CA CS CMA

C Suresh Krishna
Sales Tax & Excise Professional

[ Scorecard : 51]
Posted On 22 October 2010 at 17:15

You have purchase material against C Form from a supplier of Karnataka,now material was rejected by you.I think your question is how C form will be issue to that supplier.

1. if u have rejected partial material then u can issue C  ( Invoice Value - Value of rejected material).Here i expect that u have issue Invoice/Debit Note for rejection.

2.If material fully rejected then , no need to issue C form

shivaji
ACCOUNTANT

[ Scorecard : 35]
Posted On 23 October 2010 at 10:24

Originally posted by : C Suresh Krishna

You have purchase material against C Form from a supplier of Karnataka,now material was rejected by you.I think your question is how C form will be issue to that supplier.

1. if u have rejected partial material then u can issue C  ( Invoice Value - Value of rejected material).Here i expect that u have issue Invoice/Debit Note for rejection.

2.If material fully rejected then , no need to issue C form

We are in excise.Material rejected by us send on tax inv + (cst.). Pending c form statment shows that c is pending of  supplier. Some of our supplier sending us c forms of  rejected material and some are refuse. can we request them for pending c form?

C Suresh Krishna

Posted On 23 October 2010 at 12:33

Seller can collect C Form/Sales Tax Forms.When  material is rejected then thers is sale or purchase, u r just sending back material to the supplier.While preparation of sales tax assessment documents, the purchase return will be shown in your books and supplier will show sales return.

If you have central excise registration and material is excisable then u have to issue excisable invoice

vineettaparia@gmail.com
DGM

[ Scorecard : 23]
Posted On 09 April 2011 at 12:52

We are Purchasing from A of Maharashtra & We also Located in Maharasthra. But Material will move from Factory of A to  directly  B of Rajasthan.

Please provide tax cycle for Purchase made by us & Sales made by us. Which form required & how much tax will charges in exch transaction.

Pankaj Arora
Accountant/Learner

[ Scorecard : 2744]
Posted On 09 April 2011 at 13:31

No form require for local purchase rajasthan party will give you C form if they don’t register under CST act than charge full vat according to your commodity..

Total thanks : 1 times

C Suresh Krishna

Posted On 09 April 2011 at 14:18

please billing details,i.e. for A of Maharashtra u r buyer and b of Rajasthan is consignee.

C Suresh Krishna

Posted On 09 April 2011 at 14:20

please provide billing details,i.e. for A of Maharashtra u r buyer and b of Rajasthan is consignee? or bills prepared directly in the name of "B" of rajasthan

vineettaparia@gmail.com
DGM

[ Scorecard : 23]
Posted On 09 April 2011 at 14:23

Originally posted by : C Suresh Krishna

please provide billing details,i.e. for A of Maharashtra u r buyer and b of Rajasthan is consignee? or bills prepared directly in the name of "B" of rajasthan

WE HAVE REGISTRATION IN MAHARASHTRA, WE WILL BE BUYER IN EXCISE INVOICE OF DELAR OF MAHARASHTRA & CONSIGNEE WILL BE FROM RAQJASTHAN.

Pankaj Arora
Accountant/Learner

[ Scorecard : 2744]
Posted On 09 April 2011 at 14:33

A simple example can be that, suppose A of Mumbai has sold goods to B of Ahmedabad. The goods are dispatched by lorry and L.R. is taken out by A (Mumbai) where in A is consignor and B (Ahmedabad) is consignee. If before taking delivery from transporter, B decides to sell his goods to ‘C’ of M.P., he can simply endorse the L.R. in name of ‘C’ and the sale will be complete. This is the second or subsequent interstate sale in the course of same movement. In this case A must have charged 4% CST in his bill. Being a second interstate sale effected by B to C, B is equally liable to pay CST on above transaction. However the intention of Government is not to levy multiple taxes on sale taking place in one course of movement.

Therefore the subsequent sale is given exemption. However it is subject to production of given forms. In above example, the sale by B to C will be exempt if B produces before his assessing authority Form EI issued by A of Mumbai and Form ‘C’ issued by C of M. P.
In light of above it is clear that the sale effected by transfer of documents of title to goods is eligible for exemption u/s. 6(2). These exempted sales are also referred to as “Sale in transit”.

There are 16 Replies to this message

Related Files