*Top 10 Amazing Facts about India*
1. The most rainfall in the world ever in a month's time, fell at Cherrapunji, Meghalaya. It was in July 1861, and 9,300 mm of rainfall fell in this month.
2. The most number of movies are made in India,... over 1,000 each year.
3. The highest cricket ground in the world is in Chail, Himachal
Pradesh. It is 2,444 meters above sea level.
4. Ayurveda, the earliest school of medicine known to mankind, was started in India in 2,500 BC.
5. Takshashila in 700 BC. Students numbering around 10,500 from
all over the world studied more than 60 subjects here.
6. The world's largest pilgrimage destination is in India. It is called
the Vishnu Temple in the city of Tirupati. Around 30,000 people visit this temple daily, donating about $6 million US dollars everyday. It is also the richest temple in the world.
7. Yoga originated in India some 5,000 years ago.
8. Sushruta is someone who is regarded as the father of surgery. More than 2,600 years ago, he along with his team conducted complicated surgeries like cataract, cesareans, fractures, artificial limbs, urinary stones, plastic surgeries, and brain surgeries.
9. The world's highest battlefield, Siachen Glacier, is here.
10. The first ever dam and reservoir for irrigation purposes was built in Saurashtra. The
world's longest man-made dam is Hirakud Dam. Chess was invented in India.