General Circular No. 18/2012
Government of India
Ministry of Corporate Affairs
Cost Audit Branch
‘B-1’ Wing, 2nd Floor,
CGO Complex, Lodhi Road,
New Delhi – 110 003
Dated the July 26, 2012
Institute of Cost Accountants of India,
12, Sudder Street,
Kolkata – 700 016
Subject: Filing of Cost Audit Report and Compliance Report in the eXtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) mode.
Vide MCA’s General Circular No. 8/2012 dated 10th May, 2012 [as amended on 29th June, 2012], it has already been mandated by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs that all cost auditors and the concerned companies shall file their Cost Audit Reports and Compliance Reports for the year 2011-12 onwards [including the overdue reports relating to any previous year(s)] only in the XBRL mode. For this purpose, the applicable taxonomy, business rules, validation tools, etc. and also the “Product Group” classification required for preparing the cost audit reports and compliance reports as per the notified Cost Accounting Records Rules, 2011 and Cost Audit Report Rules, 2011 are under preparation and would soon be made available by the Ministry. The actual date for enabling XBRL filing will be intimated separately.
2. It has now been decided by the Ministry that all cost auditors and the concerned companies will be allowed to file their Cost Audit Reports and Compliance Reports for the year 2011-12 [including the overdue reports relating to any previous year(s)] with the Central Government in the XBRL mode, without any penalty, upto 31st December, 2012.
3. The Institute is requested to circulate this for the information of all concerned.
1. E-Governance Cell, Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Shastri Bhavan, New Delhi with a request to upload this circular on the MCA’s website.
2. All Regional Directors / Registrars of Companies
3. PS to CAM / PS to MOS
4. PS to Secretary / Special Secretary
5. PS to Joint Secretary (A) / Joint Secretary (R) / Joint Secretary (M)
6. PS to DII (RC) / DII (UCN)
7. PS to Economic Adviser