Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Direct Taxes
New Delhi, the 31st july 2012.
Order under Section 119 of the Income Tax Act. 1961
On consideration of the reports of disturbance of general life caused due to failure of power and further in consideration of the fact that the e-filing of returns for a specified category of individuals and HUF has been made mandatory, the Central Board of Direct Taxes, in exercise of powers conferred under section 119 of the Income Tax Act, 1961, hereby extends the 'due date' of filing of returns of income for the Assessment Year 2012-13 to 31st August 2012 in respect of assessees who are liable to file such returns by 31st July 2012 as per provisions of section 139 ofIncome Tax Act, 1961. a~~\o1l\-v-
1. PSto F.M./ OSDto FM/ PS to MOS(R)/ OSDto MOS(R).
2. PS to Secretary (Revenue).
3. Chairman (DT), AllMembers, Central Board of Direct Taxes.
5. AllJoint Secretaries / Directors / Deputy Secretaries / Under Secretaries of Central Board of Direct Taxes.
6. DIT(Systems), New Delhi, for appropriate publicity by putting it on departmental website.
7. The C& AGof India (30 copies).
8. The IS & Legal Advisor, Min. of Law & Justice, New Delhi.
9. The DG,NADT,Nagpur.
10. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, IP Estate, New Delhi-110003.
11. All Chambers of Commerce
12. CIT(OSD),Official Spokesperson of CBDT.
13. AllCs.lT,CBDT ~\-i\~,\n..