Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.
Tax payer is filing return online. Therefore, he must not be pressurized to send hard copy of ITR V to CPC, Banglore. CPC has the IT return of taxpayers for processing on their system. The sending of ITR V increases paper use, cost and time. ICAI must take initiatives in consultation with CBDT and Finance Ministry to stop sending ITR V to CPC.
Moreover when the ITR V is sent to Bangalore dulypacked with tag, the CPC conveniently loses a part of it and acknowledges the rest. Despite repeated queries, they claim helplessness. MOst of the processed returns are not verified with the 26AS statements of the Assessee. They simply send demands thoughtlessly.The arrears adjusted against refund due are simply not explained. The rectifications filed are not processed for months.It is necessary that the person at the processing side has technical knowledge of the returns filed.
There is another big problem with CPC They only receive ITR V by general post or speed post.....what about small places where speed post facility is not avaiable if they will send by general post that it takes another 15 days to reflect receipt. RMS ( Railway Mail Service) doesn't receive it for speed post as address is given of a post bag no. What about long rows in post office for speed post. Than why not courier
U r absolutely right Sir, emphasis should be on QUALITY.
I wish to add few more points to list of Mess done by CPC like
- Adj of arrears of demand (even in respect of A.Y. 2000-01 & so on;
- not giving credit for Regular Tax paid eventhough reflected in F/26AS;
- non-credit of TDS in original as well as Rectified returns (eventhough in F/26AS);
- sending absurd communication on emails like rejectin of rectification request etc which are nothing but technical error by CPC;
- CPC calls handled by call centre boys & girls who r neither proficient in tax matters nor have access to docs like intimation, rectification order, ITR etc they just record assessees complain nothing else, u will get diff suggestions/reply on the same issue when contacted more than once. After adjusting lacs of rupees out of refunds due as arrear which was mainly due to inefficiency of IT Dept Staff/officers, they just suggest assessees to wait for further 10-15 days. How ridiculous!!!
The above List is illustrative not exhaustive.
There are serious problems with the CPC which have driven the Tax Payers to frustration. A ITR - V sent on 27th May and received on 29th May at CPC has not been ackowledged yet, and the tax payers are unable to proceed with their work. There are several problems with Tax Credit of TDS, Mismatch, delay in processing of valid returns merely to delay refunds, Delay in rectification, delay in service of rectification orders even after rectification and so on. So instead of quoting the quality of work done the emphasis should be on quality.
You need to be
logged in to post comment
back to the top
Let us grow stronger by mutual exchange