You have to be stupid to not be humble!

Sudip Kumar Shaw (Live Simple.. Achieve BIG..)   (493 Points)

12 November 2013  

Today I read an article in newspaper in which Hrithik Roshan spoke about his success. I was very much inspired by his views and thoughts. I am sharing it with you all hoping it wll do same for you.

Here is an excerpts of the conversation.

What is the significance of Krrish3’s success? 
It reaffirms all that I have believed in all my life. I have given this film three years. There is a story that I read when I was very young in a comic called Tinkle. There was this man who goes looking for water and digs 20 feet at one place. Another man comes along and tells him, ‘What are you doing here? You won’t find water here. There is another spot 
somewhere else and you will find water there’.So he gives up his spot,goes to that other spot and digs up 40 feet there and still does not find water. And then the priest comes along and tells him,‘Son,are you looking for water? Go to that mushy ground just around the corner. I am sure you will find it there’.So he goes there and digs 65 feet there. And this goes on the whole day and eventually, he comes back home to his wife and says, ‘Today I have dug almost 200 feet and still not found water’. She tells him, ‘If you had dug just 200 feet in any one of those spots, you would have found water’. That story just stuck in my head. And I just knew that from thereon,whatever I do,I will do with utmost belief no matter what other people say. And I will keep striving in the direction that my heart believes in. 
    No matter in which direction you put in your force and energy and go full throt
tle, you will achieve what you want to in whichever direction you want to. 

Javed Akhtar and Sanjay Leela Bhansali believe that you are a trueblue superstar of our industry who has not been given his due? 

I disagree with that. You get exactly what you deserve to get. If you start seeing your life based on what labels are put on you be it good or bad, it is of little importance. What is important is how you see yourself. A person on the street can see himself as a superstar if he truly decides to. I see myself as an aspiring superstar and superhero.I want to live by those values and those codes. To tirelessly be in contribution to the world and to be able to love like no other. There is a story behind every successful man. And that story inevitably starts off with weaknesses. Those weaknesses need to be put through fire and you need to go through that fire to come out with infinite possibilities. Once you have learnt that lesson, then you are not afraid of any other fire as you know that the more fire you go through, the stronger it makes you. 

One of your friends, Shah Rukh Khan’s film Chennai Expressholds the highest box office record so far. How does it feel to compete with your own friend’s record? 

Not just Shah Rukh, but every single person who is trying to push our cinema forward,is a part of this brigade and we stand hand-in-hand pushing ourselves to contribute to our cinema. I congratulate every single one of us. It is not about beating the other. It’s about getting inspired by the other and hoping that the next person will be inspired by you and will break your record. 

How Krrish are you in your real life? 

I want to be. It’s easy to be a superhero. You just have to decide. Keep moving forward no matter what happens in your life. Contribute to the world. That’s what life is about. Anybody who has been successful in their life has contributed in someway to a bunch of people who have then given back to others. Your service, however, cannot be self-indulgent. If you are making a film, it cannot be something that only you can watch in your drawing room.It must make people happy. 

How have you managed to remain so humble? 
You have to be stupid to not be humble. We are all mortals. And whatever power is bestowed upon us has been done by others.Yes,it may be because of your hard work, but if you think you can be great in isolation, you are the stupidest person in the world. So even if you look at it from an intelligent point of view,being humble will create a nicer environment around you. It’s the easiest thing to be and is 
common sense.

Have a good day..