Why exemption to political parties..pls join

Saurabh Maheshwari (B.com,ACA) (5923 Points)

09 July 2014  

Dear memebers , at time I thinks why political parties income from all the sources are being exempted u/s 13A of IT Act,1961.....??So please express your views on the same...

Note-These are my personal views and donot intend to hurt anyone, but in case it hurt so...i am extremly sorry for the same.

I am not agianst any political party...but the exemption to them raise certain questions..

Q-1 What welfare they do to general public?...further as per my knowledge neither IT Act nor Representation of People Act ,1951 require a part to spent certain amount for social welfare activities..

Q-2 Education,food,clothing  and shelter has been taxed....then why special privilege has been given to p.parties...

Q-3 As per reports of Assocaition for Democractic reforms , almost every partys more than 50% funding is from illegal sources ....they are simply befooling Election commision of India by giving false declarations ...and EC and ITD has never investigated in this respect ....(Two major parties have found guilty of accepting illegal donations by Hon'le Delhi HC 3months back, but yet no action taken)

Q-4 And the biggest question why govt is missing a revenue source , which it can tax atleast 30% ....so if it choose to tax so it will have to do lesser excercise to discover and tax general public essentialities...