Easy Office
LCI Learning

Why dont icai scrap this whole system of stipend ?

Page no : 3

Prakhar Kapoor (CA Final student) (25 Points)
Replied 02 August 2014

Even the definition of stipend by icai says that it should be that amount which provides a article atleast his Cost of Education. So, can our institute please explain how can one get his coachings and books with the stipend of as minimum as 500-1500 in which 1 can not even incur his travel expenses.

Harshil (student) (65 Points)
Replied 03 August 2014

hmmm article per month 70000-80000 ki income karate he aur hame kya milta he sirf 750 rs it is bed

ANIL KUMAR (CA.CS FINAL MBA B.COM-H)   (91 Points)
Replied 03 August 2014

I also want to share...
There are several types of CA's:-
1. Who dont pay = 0
2. Who pay acc to rule = 1000-1500
3. Who pay more than rule = 3000
4. Who pay around 10000 or more also

But the problem is that the articles are not getting for the amount of work done by them.

I was article in P'ship firm in Delhi 2 years ago and I work from 10.00 am to 8.00pm n I received only 1000 per month for two years.
And in the month of march n sep.... the time was 9.00 am to 11.00pm.
All this for Rs. 1000. Wowwww.
Do you think it is RIGHT?

CA chahta hai ki aap subah se shaam tak ofc me mann laga kar "wholeheartedly" kaam karo....classes subah join karo....evening me ofc me raho....aur raat ko ghar jao....aur stipend milega jab milna hoga....wo bhi kitne.....1000...ek hazar rupaye.....

If article spend his entire and the most important time in ofc then when he wil prepare for ca final exams...
and
Just ask your CA about leaves n his reaction is......u know very well. "kha jayenge jaise"

I know that if institute will increase the amount then CA's would prefer to hire accountants but i m not saying to increase that much. 

CONCLUSION

IN my opinion the stipend should be increased to 3000-5000 so that atleast student save that much amount which will help them in their education cost, travel cost and for icai couse fees.
and if not increased then atleast fix the time beyond which article should not attend the office, so that he can do studies also with giving proper time.

and yes...!! Articleship time is for learning not earning but just think if stipend will increase then articles will work with more enthusiasm and WILL LEARN MORE. 

1 Like

i.k.patel (tax consultant) (43 Points)
Replied 04 August 2014

i agree with himansu, icai have to scrap the system of stipend or otherwise make a payment equil to minimum salary of a clerk.

CA Jay Bhatt (Manager & Section Head) (320 Points)
Replied 06 August 2014

This question is included in questionnaire by Committee on Review of Education and Training (CRET) towards members. There are also other three questionnaire namely towards students, persons using services of CAs and other stakeholders, all with different questions.

CA Suraj Lakhotia (IndigoLearn) (4898 Points)
Replied 06 August 2014

There are a couple of things to look at. 

1. Is the stipend amount adequate in the current inflationary situation? - No. There should be atlease an annual review of Stipend and link it to the cost of inflation index. The 1000-1500 range was set long back and given the way prices, fees, cost of study has gone up it should be atleast 4000-6000-8000 range. 

2. Medium and Big size firms generally pay above the minimum as prescribed by ICAI. I used to get 7K when i was in PwC but when I left Pw and joined another firm it was back to 1000. That was a shocker for me but that was how it was. There was lot of dissatisfcation over the stipend. After 5 years of completing the course, I realise that the learning which was more important than the stipend. 

3. Dont expect the stipend to cover the cost of tuitions. CA was meant to be a distance learning course and the stipend would cover cost of registration, study material & exam fees only. The registration fees was trebled when the new course was introduced however no parallel increase in stipend was announced. Though there was some news, nothing has materialised. 

You work, you toil, you shunt between the coaching classes & the office, its hectic.... For the work you do in the 2nd and 3rd year of articleship cannot be even compensated with Rs. 25k per month. But lets not forget its not salary, its a stipend. Put learning in the front seat. 

1 Like

Replied 06 August 2014

If any CA is paying less than Minimum, Please file a written complaint to ICAI.

CA Himanshu Bansal (Risk Manager) (2345 Points)
Replied 06 August 2014

Originally posted by : CA Suraj Lakhotia
There are a couple of things to look at. 

1. Is the stipend amount adequate in the current inflationary situation? - No. There should be atlease an annual review of Stipend and link it to the cost of inflation index. The 1000-1500 range was set long back and given the way prices, fees, cost of study has gone up it should be atleast 4000-6000-8000 range. 

2. Medium and Big size firms generally pay above the minimum as prescribed by ICAI. I used to get 7K when i was in PwC but when I left Pw and joined another firm it was back to 1000. That was a shocker for me but that was how it was. There was lot of dissatisfcation over the stipend. After 5 years of completing the course, I realise that the learning which was more important than the stipend. 

3. Dont expect the stipend to cover the cost of tuitions. CA was meant to be a distance learning course and the stipend would cover cost of registration, study material & exam fees only. The registration fees was trebled when the new course was introduced however no parallel increase in stipend was announced. Though there was some news, nothing has materialised. 

You work, you toil, you shunt between the coaching classes & the office, its hectic.... For the work you do in the 2nd and 3rd year of articleship cannot be even compensated with Rs. 25k per month. But lets not forget its not salary, its a stipend. Put learning in the front seat. 

Thanks Suraj for the reply.

Yes agreed to your points..as already mentioned, stipend cannot be compared to salary. BUT STIPEND SHOULD BE COMPARABLE TO STIPEND AT LEAST.

If it doesnot qualify the stipend's purpose also, then better it is rolled back by ICAI.

Replied 06 August 2014

If some one can initiate an online petition representing the students and I am sure it will get affirmation from many students and submit the same to ICAI. 

Replied 06 August 2014

I have written my suggestions in the recent questionnaire released by ICAI for inviting views and recommendations of members/students regarding the course.

I request everyone to please participate and have your recommendation heard at the central level.

Replied 06 August 2014

Link to questionnaire :

https://www.icai.org/new_post.H T M L?post_id=10836&c_id=240

aman (student) (29 Points)
Replied 07 August 2014

In todays days where principles are becomming employer for articles the minimum amt clause is abused by these principals wo actualy act like employer

Sagar Khandelwal (article clerk) (30 Points)
Replied 12 August 2014

SIR NILA RK Learning what? updating passbooks? Doing personal stuffs of their Home? Learning is rare, more is mental harassment, morale down, even using abusive language.

Replied 12 August 2014

SIR NILA RK Learning what? updating passbooks? Doing personal stuffs of their Home? Learning is rare, more is mental harassment, morale down, even using abusive language.

Replied 12 August 2014

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: