Why banks are not giving their tan number while giving tds certificates

jraju (Others) (274 Points)

10 July 2018  

Hi,

I tried efiling of my tax returns. I enabled the previous data , salary and 26as and then went to fill this year data. Everything went well. But on preview and submit, i could not submit as it is giving red alert to mention the tan number of the branch of the bank from which tds has to be deducted on the interest or others paid and tax deducted. Previously when i linked my aadhar eventhing was auto filled up. How a customer is expected to know the tan number. The 26 As form was not updated correctly in TRACE and i edited to include the missing details by adding the bank name, but in the event of no tax also , the portal does not allow you to submit the return. How the banks while giving certificate, are not mentioning this. Why TDS certificate form be the same for all the banks, which should also Itinclude the tan numbers? Dfifferent banks give different type of certificate but normally banks do not give their tan numbers to the customers.

It is also peculiar that 26 AS is not correctly capturing the details but the other details are captured.

Any expert , give his her opinion on this?