Easy Office

Who are the celebrities of costing ?

Page no : 2

(Guest)
Originally posted by : CMA. Rakesh Kataria

Awaiting reply of Mr. Raj Kumar Gupta, why is silient on the above

@ Rakesh ji....above posts are good to motivate people who r doing cost accountancy....

but again please don't spark the words of fight..and expect the same thing from Raj Kumar Gupta ji   also...you people are seniors here in caclub india...please share you good and bad both types of professional experience so that others(CA/CMA/CS/MBA or any otehr professional) can learn from that and become a good professional

Thanks!

ACMA-ICAI (DGM-Global Voice Business)   (1052 Points)
Replied 21 January 2012

Somanathan is JS Corporate Affairs

Dr.TV.Somanathan is new Joint Secretary, Corporate Affairs. Dr. TV.Somanathan (IAS, TN, 1987) has been India's only IAS to be a Young Professional (YP) at World Bank, a Phd in Economics and currently MD, Chennai Metro and Secretary to CM, Tamil Nadu.

Dr. T.V. Somanathan
T.V. Somanathan holds a Ph.D in Economics from Calcutta University, Master of Arts (MA) in Economics and Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.) Honours degrees from Panjab University, and has completed the Executive Development Program of Harvard Business School. He is a fully qualified chartered accounting/corporate secretarial professional–Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, London, the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, London, and the Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators, London, Associate of the Institute of Cost & Works Accountants and Institute of Company Secretaries of India and a recipient of a number of academic awards from these institutions. He joined the Indian Administrative Service in 1987 (ranked 2nd All India) and was awarded the Gold Medal for the Best IAS Probationer of his batch. He worked in a variety of positions in the Government of Tamil Nadu. He has extensive experience in managing infrastructure projects, including as Executive Director, Chennai Metropolitan Water Supply & Sewerage Board and Project Director, Tamil Nadu Road Sector Project. In 1996 he joined the World Bank, Washington through the Young Professionals Program, and worked inter alia on infrastructure projects in the East Asia & Pacific Region. In 2000, he became one of the Bank's youngest Sector Managers when he was appointed Manager of the Budget Policy Group. In 2001 he returned to the IAS, in Tamil Nadu. He is currently Secretary to the Chief Minister (Monitoring), Secretary to Government, Special Initiatives and Managing Director, Chennai Metro Rail Limited.
He has published over 80 papers and articles in journals and newspapers on economics, finance and public policy, and is a regular Visiting Faculty member at several institutions. He is the author of a book on Derivatives (Tata McGraw Hill – 1998), and of chapters in Land Reforms in India (M. Thangaraj [ed.] Sage Publications–2003) and Public Institutions in India (Pratap Mehta & Devesh Kapur [eds.] Oxford University Press–2005).

Replied 22 January 2012

D.Sundaram, Vice Chairman & Managing Director-TVS Capital Fund Ltd

D.Sundaram’s experience spans corporate finance, business performance, operations, governance, mergers & acquisitions, talent/people management and strategy. Sundaram served in Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) as Corporate Accountant, Commercial Manager and Treasurer till 1990. He was seconded to Unilever, London as Commercial Officer for Africa and Middle East Group between 1990 and 1993. He has served in various roles, including TOMCO integration, Head of Africa & Middle East among others. In May 1999 he was promoted as Finance & IT Director of HUL. Sundaram was elevated as Vice Chairman of HUL in April 2008. In all, Sundaram has more than 34 years of experience with Hindustan Unilever Limited. He is a two-time winner of the prestigious “CFO of the Year for FMCG Sector” award by CNBC TV18 (2006 and 2009). Sundaram brings deep financial expertise and significant understanding of consumer related businesses. This combination makes him a unique professional to help build TVS Capital Funds into a successful and durable institution. Sundaram’s expertise will guide the next-generation of entrepreneurs across India to build world class companies. Sundaram is a Post Graduate in Management Studies (MMS), Chennai, Fellow of the Institute of Cost and Management Accountants, and has attended the Harvard Business School’s Advanced Management Programme. Sundaram is also an independent director on the Board of State Bank of India, and member of the board of governors of Institute of Financial Management and Research, Chennai

Replied 22 January 2012

Mr. V. Srinivasan
CEO, Siva Group

Mr. V. Srinivasan is the Group CEO and Director on the Board of Siva Group, which is the ultimate holding company of the group. He previously held senior positions in several large corporations in India, including Bharat Earth Movers Limited and Bombay Dyeing & Manufacturing Co. Ltd., and served as the Chief Financial Officer of the Essar-Swisscom telecommunications joint venture before joining Dishnet Wireless Limited which was earlier a company within our group.

Mr. V Srinivasan holds a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering (with Honours) from Regional Engineering College, Trichy (a premier educational institution in India), and is also a qualified Cost Accountant. Besides, Mr. V Srinivasan is also a Chartered Financial Analyst (Gold Medalist). Mr. Srinivasan has completed the Advanced Management Program at the Wharton Business School.

Sunil K Gayal-Funder and CEO, YourNest Angel Fund- A Cost Accountant

Replied 22 January 2012

V Ravichandran-Murugappa Group

Ravichandran is the Lead Director - Fertiliser and Sugar of the Murugappa Corporate Board. He is an Engineering Graduate with a Post Graduate Diploma in Management from IIM, Ahmedabad. He is also a Cost Accountant and a Company Secretary. After a brief stint with Ashok Leyland, he joined the Group in Oct 1985 in EID Parry. Ravichandran served with distinction in the Finance function of EID Parry, in the Farm Inputs Division (FIND), in Corporate and in businesses such as Confectionery. He took up a general management role as GM-Pesticides in 1994. In 2003, with the merger of FIND and Coromandel Fertilisers Ltd (CFL) he moved to CFL as Vice President – FIND. He was promoted as Wholetime Director in 2004 and took over as Managing Director of the company in 2006. 

(Guest)

But you all foget to name her , She may ahve done Cost accounting as time pass cousre , but she is also cost accountants.

She is alumni of Asia 's 3rd B school 's in India ,Jamnalal,Mumbai ,She shares her experiences of CA ( Cost accounatacny)

Chanda Kochhar: It's fashionable to change jobs every 3 years

Last updated on: January 11, 2012 08:09 IST

Chanda Kochhar
Next

Chanda Kochhar, MD and CEO of ICICI Bank talks about the education system in India and offers advise on how parents can help in the decision making process of a child's career.

As the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of ICICI Bank, Chanda Kochhar needs no introduction.

Her views on education, choosing a career and growing in it, and India's job market vis-a-vis the modern economy are something that not many people are familiar with.

She spoke to Maheshwar Peri in a candid tete-a-tete

Tell us something about your childhood.

I come from a very education-oriented family.

My father was the principal of Malaviya Regional Engineering College at Jaipur, it is now called Malaviya National Institute of Technology.

I think the basic thing in him was that children must be able to get good education whatever be their circumstances. The choice of career was up to us but whatever we would decide to do we should do well in that. I was still in school in Jaipur when my father expired, leaving behind my mother and three children.

That's when my mother decided to shift to Bombay, where I would complete the rest of my education.

What made you study cost accountancy at Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India (ICWAI)?

I had planned to do an MBA after finishing graduation.

While I was doing my graduation I realised I had too much time at hand.

So instead of hanging around in college I thought I should do cost accountancy. That's how I came to enroll at ICWAI.

You did acquire an MBA afterwards. Right?

Yes, as I had planned.

Replied 22 January 2012

Mr. Utpal Sheth- Directors,PRAJ INDUSTRIES LTD

A commerce graduate from Sydenham College, Utpal went on to become a Cost Accountant (Grad.CWA) and a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) from ICFAI. In CFA, he was a Gold Medalist at an All India level.

He started his professional career as an analyst at erstwhile ASK Financial Consultants and went on to be the Head of Research there. Following a career spanning Research to Portfolio Management and Investment Banking, he joined Rakesh Jhunjhunwala as CEO of Rare Enterprises. He is responsible for Investment Management, Risk Management and Institutionalisation. He is a partner at Rare Investments.

He has been a faculty member at the BSE Training Institute, UTI Institute of Capital Market, National Institute of Financial Management, IIS Institute of Management (a JV with ENPC, France) and other such organizations.

(Guest)

It si well known fact tha Cost Accounting is a very good career booster qualification . It is also most suitable for BPO accounts and Finance process employees.

(Guest)

Dear Sir,

You are claiming such highe profile as cost accountants,

One of your high profile cost accounatns term i as time pass cousre ( you blame me interpreting incorrectly,but you can also refer whole interveiwe)

One of your high profile cost Accounatnst did not bother to pick of high estmmed award gien cost inst.

This is all hypocray by you as cost accountants , hOw GOI bothe it ,you know very well.

(Guest)

How many profiles a person is maintaining...just to create post against cost accountants :

1) Member (Account Deleted) : see the post in the below link :

/forum/chartered-cost-accountants-to-be-new-designation-180336.asp

2) /forum/puja-is-cost-accountant-as-well-178555.asp

3) the recent one :

/profile.asp?member_id=721442

I have given just three examples...there may be many more...  :) :)

:P :P

(Guest)

Most of the above candidates have superb qualifcation like IIt/IIM / TOP class MBA /Bankers , They all have respected Cost Acouting and its imporatnce , but as secondary role.

Ony one profile without top class Qualifcation haing Cost Accounting qualifcation 

I give some example.

Deepak Parekh ,HDFC Chairman

Kumar Manglam Birla ,completed CA at 21

Mohan Das Pai , Co chairman Infosys

R rehman Khan         Dy chairman Lokshabha

T.N Monoharan        Padam Shrei Awardee

Sekhar Kapur          Hollywood Film Directro

These are few, al most all public compaines are haing one direcor Finanace as CA /MBA from IIM

ALL the parters of Big fours are CACPA , you know very well.

Replied 22 January 2012

@ Rajkumar

Remember, People can not be higher than any organisation. if he or she rejects awards by ICWAI, it is not fault of ICWAI.

so, Attitude is all thing to get a success in life.

(Guest)

Those who not pickd award ,may haing wrong attidute , but you where is she?

(Guest)

You guys ,why are just passing your tme , can you please hepl cost account home to promote more?

But i can understand your problme yar , you find only three/four , There is no charming yar.

This is self explanatory example to understand more simple two words have attraction so that you are bound here .

When you prsent any thins it  should be with fact , Miss Sara is cost accounatnst , BUT you know her  MBA from Ohio university, IT is dream for GMAT Studnets in US .

Jamna Lal Baja is dream B school even rated better than IIM ,Miss Chand Kochar Clearly accepted the facts about why she chose Cost accounating.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: