Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > VAT >

VAT DEPOSITED INSTEAD OF CST

Pages : 1

business

[ Scorecard : 28]
Posted On 09 May 2008 at 11:24 Report Abuse

IF VAT DEPOSITED INSTEAD OF DEPOSITING CST, CAN THAT VAT SO DEPOSITED BE AJDUSTED AGAINST DUE CST OR DEALER HAS TO DEPOSIT CST ?

Online classes for CA CS CMA

chandra sekharan
CA Final

[ Scorecard : 80]
Posted On 09 May 2008 at 11:49

No It canoot be adjusted against due of CST Dealer has to remitt the CST

CA Mohit Gupta
practicing chartered accountant

[ Scorecard : 225]
Posted On 09 May 2008 at 12:23

vat credit can be adjusted with cst

(Guest)
Posted On 09 May 2008 at 16:09

vat credit adjust against CST but vat deposit paid at the time of VAt Registration is now a day not a Deposit that is Registration Fees.

biren thakkar
accounts manager

[ Scorecard : 231]
Posted On 21 May 2008 at 17:02

Dear Anil,

Please clarify the meaning of deposit on the issue, as per your query i assuming that you had Paid amount in goverment treasury stating that it is Vat Payment but as per your liability it is CST.

If the particulars of above are correct than Please specify me the state name for this query, also note that you can rectify your returns by filing revised return by giving proper reason.

Please let me know if further clarification needed on the issue

Vijay K. Agrawal
Service

[ Scorecard : 608]
Posted On 22 May 2008 at 14:24

Dear Anil,

I understand that you have Deposited money by filling wrong challan( for vat amount you paid in CST challan).

in this case what you to do this months which is short you have to pay now. and whatever deposit excess you take set off in next month means do not deposit that tax liability to the extent of excess deposit.

Rgd,

Vijay

Parveen Sachdeva
Accountant

[ Scorecard : 44]
Posted On 11 September 2008 at 10:32

Originally posted by :Vijay K. Agrawal
" Dear Anil,
I understand that you have Deposited money by filling wrong challan( for vat amount you paid in CST challan).
in this case what you to do this months which is short you have to pay now. and whatever deposit excess you take set off in next month means do not deposit that tax liability to the extent of excess deposit.
Rgd,
Vijay
"

HARI HARA DASH
MANAGER ACCOUNTS

[ Scorecard : 21]
Posted On 12 August 2013 at 18:05

If some one deposit CST through online, wrongly in others tin no. instead of own tin no. then what can he do.

can he change / modify the TIN no.

pls sujjest me.

There are 7 Replies to this message

Related Files