Urgent regarding campus placement

sneha (Accountant) (51 Points)

29 August 2014  

Hello friends i need some clarification about how to count no of attempts. In campus placement form  we had to give details regarding the no of attempts taken for each group individually. so in case of first group i wrote 2 attempts in case of 2nd group i wrote 5 attempts. here is the actual info.

1st attempt- applied for 1 group and failed

2nd attempt- applied for 1 group and cleared.

3rd attempt- applied for 2nd group and failed

4th attempt- applied for 2nd group and failed

5th attempt- applied for 2nd group and cleared.

so in case of 2nd group do i needed to write 3rd attempt or 5th..??

if i have submitted the wrong information will it have any imact on shortlisting procedure by company..?? or they refer to institutes database to get the correct information about the attempts.

i have not been shortlisted so far. the major reason could be the no of attempts taken in ca final but i do have a very good practical exposure during articleship and i also have a work experience of 9 months. i gave my exams with job but companies only seem to care about attempts only  do i have any chance in this campus placement..?

only two companies are coming to chandigarh this time and none of them have shortlisted me so far so i'm afraid as i don't have any chance in 2nd round of shortlisting as why students will not give their consent to companies when only two companies are coming. so they hardly need to do the 2nd round of shortlisting.

your answers and help will be highly appreciated. thank you..:smiley