Urgent help required for sfm and costing

Hello Friends,

I have been studying for both groups and going to attempt this May 2014 exam. As I am able to study all subjects by self study but could not gain the confidence in SFM and Costing Papers. For SFM, I have JB Gupta and Ashish Kalra both and for costing I have Sanjay Aggarwal Book.

I would require your valuable feedback for these two subjects so that atleast I can get 40+ in both the papers and rest I can manage with other papers. So, it would be helpful if you guys can tell me about the topics which must be covered to get this much marks in each paper.

This is very urgent for me so please respond me with your positive direction in clearing these two papers.

Thanks

Deepak Arora

 

Replies (1)

for costing first cover topics like lpp, simulation, transportation, lct, cpm and pert den go for transfer pricing, service sector, abc, pricing decision nd costing theory...these r small tapoics and easily covers about 60-70 marks...den standard costing for 8 marks...nd den start preparing for marginal costing in remaining time...

 

for sfm better to focus on portfolio management, derivative nd forex, these topics almost cover 30 marks den topics like merger aquisition nd mutual fund these covers 10-12 marks den go for easy topics like lease, factoring dividend policy, valuations nd theory nd den start preparaing for capital budgeting...

 

for both d sub, refer pm for additional sums nd rtps...do theory from pm only...nd keep revising

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details