Easy Office
LCI Learning

Urgent help required for ITRV -efiling

Page no : 2

Naveen (CA Final, B Com (A&F)) (122 Points)
Replied 11 March 2011

then you can't do anything other than act as you've not received an intimation and submit the return manually...

Ankit Joshi (article) (38 Points)
Replied 11 March 2011

Originally posted by : Naveen

Originally posted by : Bharadwaj

ya..it was a normal procedure....same as filing ur original return......but u have to put the details of Acknowledgement no and date of filing details.....thats it....

where're you dude? you keep telling what i am about to type :(

but do you agree now that i can't file a revise return.

Ankit Joshi (article) (38 Points)
Replied 11 March 2011

Originally posted by : Bharadwaj

u have mentioned that u have filed return on 25 july....?

sorry my mistake its 25th dec.

Replied 11 March 2011

yes, you can't dude...

Bharadwaj (Self Employed) (177 Points)
Replied 11 March 2011

Yes...u cant.....is there any refund to be recd in that return??

Replied 11 March 2011

what if the return had a refund?

We can file even after due date, is it?

Bharadwaj (Self Employed) (177 Points)
Replied 11 March 2011

u can plead the relevant ITO and ask him pass the refund order............

CA Ragini (CA) (405 Points)
Replied 12 March 2011

hi i read what ever u wrote and conclude that you still have the time to submit ur return (revised one) as on before 31 march 2011 becoz as per INCOME TAX ACT  U/S 139(5) " If Any person  having furnished a return under sub section (1) or in pursuance of a notice issued under sub section (1) of section 142, discovers any ommission or any wrong statement therein, he may furnish a revised return at any time before the expiry of one year from the end of the relevent assessment year or before the completion of the assessment year , whichever is earlier"

so you may file the revised one ........... i dont think it is time barred before 31 march 2011 and u can get a copy of original acknowledgement from ur account registered with income tax site and there will be no problem with the revised one.  

Rajagopalakrishnan R (PARTNER) (1422 Points)
Replied 14 March 2011

If u have filed both electronically and manually, then u can contact ur assessing officer and he can cancel the electronc return. It is not correct to say that u can ignore the Electronic return since at the time of processing the manual return, this electonic return will be in the system. Processing cannot proceed further then. It is better to approach the assessing officer and appraise him of the facts

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: