Upcoming website for ca students - survey

satish (Service) (901 Points)

24 November 2011  

Dear Students,

I have been getting mails from students who need help from various corners of India - specially from the Tier 2 towns. In my earlier post i had mentioned about a website in the making where i  want to share knowledge and also create a repository of lectures for students from Tier 2 and rural places of india who has an aspiration to learn but not means .

While the resources can be moderated in the first phase ( in terms of accepting feedback) once the platform stabilizes studetnts can contribute and can be a platform to teach each other not discounting the fact that a Coach with an experience is a value addition as it has its benefits of Face to Face coaching.

the objective would be to provide this as free not chargeable and once the model evolves- charge based on economic conditions of the user.

This mail is to seek your feedback on the following questions on what would you expect in a student website. The objective here would be to support students from villages who can learn this for the first time too. Please feel free to post in this forum or send me an email satmai45 @ gmail.com . The website will be dedicated to the students and will be announced shortly as we build it in the first phase with your inputs and for you .

a. Concepts By Topic - chapter  -  Most of textbooks have explained by theory and formulaes, - if can be explained with simple day to day examples or revisiting the Fundamentals of accounting - to explain would it help ?  

b. Solving Problems : In Parts ( arranging by Sections ) for ex:  Problem on Amalgamation - If you choose problem 1 - and options a) Purchase consideration calcualtion - how to do   b) second part if you drill down could be the how to draw journal and ledger entries.

c. Past question papers - arranged in terms of difficulty levels ( Level 1, Level 2 etc)

d. Examiner comments published by CA revisited for problems to say where could possible mistakes happen, how to be aware of that .

e. Test papers ( Compilation to start with RTP,Past question papers) - Institute has provided compilers, these can be problems outside that.

Regards,

Satish.

Tejas Learning Centre

HSR Layout- Bangalore