Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Income Tax > Tax queries >

U/s10 deductions: hra and medical in itr1

Pages : 1

self

[ Scorecard : 25]
Posted On 17 June 2012 at 08:46 Report Abuse

Dear Friend,

I quit a job in Dec11 and joined a new job in Jan12. The company which I quit in Dec11 has given me TDS certificate form 16 for PY 11-12 without calculating u/s 10 deductions i.e. HRA and Medical Reimbursement. However it has deducted TDS for  PY 11-12. The new company which I joined in Jan12 has also did not mention any deductions in its form 16. Now I want to e file my annual return for AY 2012-13 through ITR1(SAHAJ) which has no scope to show deductions u/s10. May I show my taxable salary after deducting u/s 10 deductions from the combined taxable amount shown in Form 16 of both the companies.  If I do so it will not match the combined amounts shown in form 16 of both companies. Please advise.

Attached File : 272089 997766 it query.xlsx downloaded 114 times

Online classes for CA CS CMA

Giridhar S Karandikar
Team Lead

[ Scorecard : 2834]
Posted On 17 June 2012 at 11:26

Yes you can claim the HRA & medical benefits as shown in your file.  No need to submit the medical bills to CPC.  Keep the bills with you.  If the dept asks for the proofs, then you can provide the same.

Total thanks : 1 times

anand
self

[ Scorecard : 25]
Posted On 19 June 2012 at 11:02

Hi Giridhar, Thank you so much for this quick feedback.

There are 2 Replies to this message

Related Files