close x

Turnover for VAT Audit

Please suggest whether Exempted sale turnover will also be considered for working out total turnover limit of Rs one crore.

/i think u are talking abt Gujarat VAT Act

if yes then In Gujarat VAT Act it is clearly stated that if total turnover of Taxable goods exceeds the pre decided limit of Rs.1crore then it should be liable for VAT audit.

So by interpreting the act,according to me The exempted sales should not be counted in deciding the total turnover of the Sale for Audit purpose.

CA-Fresher-Service

hi

Not only in gujrat in all the state only taxable sales or  Purchases exceeding Rs. 40 lac require vat audit

pradeep

what was the turnover limit for vat audit in assessment year 2006-07 in rajasthan

To come under the umbrella of vat audit two conditions must be simultaneously satisfied.

1. Total turnover (whether taxable or not) should exceed Rs 1 Crore and

2. Taxable turnover should exceed Rs. 20 lacs.

Thus if both of the above conditions are satisfied then only one is liable for vat audit.

e.g. an assessee having turnover of Rs 5 crore of exempted goods and Rs. 10 lacs of taxable goods is not liable for vat audit.

Dy Manager - Finance & Accounts

What is turnover limit of VAT Audit in West Bengal? What is turnover limit of Income Tax, Service Tax and Central Excise Audit in West Bengal? Also in case of PF, P. Tax, WCT having any limit of trunover for Auditing??? Pl inform me at gautam_ch2 @ rediffmail.com 

From

Gautam Ch. Mandal ,Ph 9831707812

The turnover limit for VAT Audit in West Bengal is 3 Crores Rupees. However if the turnover lies in between 1.5 crores and 3 crores the dealer is bound to submit a copy of self attested balance sheet, profit and loss account along with form 88A.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to login   Click here to Register

Share on :