LCI Learning

treatment of bank o/d in cash flow statements

Page no : 2

Vikram Gagneja (a/c) (108 Points)
Replied 23 December 2009

i agree with amol sir

Vinayak (Student) (23 Points)
Replied 15 March 2010

well,i am very confused because jindal sir told us to consider in cash and cash equivalents and kalra sir in financing activity..so what to do?please help me

CA LOVELY ARORA (C.A. B.Com (H) Graduate)   (2151 Points)
Replied 15 March 2010

Dear Vinayak,

You are right.......... but Ashish Kalra Sir has Prove of their saying......... when asking they will tell you about that and he will show you......... infact, treatment in IFRS is the same as Kalra Sir is saying.......

Vinayak (Student) (23 Points)
Replied 15 March 2010

thnx..ya asish sir has proved by showing us exposure draft, Ifrs and even showed the revised AS3 in which anthing can be done....but what should i do in exam?one of my friends told that even sonu gupta sir told them to show in cash and cash equivalents whereas praveen sharma sir(another friend told me) has also showed in financing activity...i can't rely on jindal sir..so please advise

Payal Gupta (article assistant) (176 Points)
Replied 06 April 2010

abhi iss pt par exposure draft hai

both are right logically

in my openion follow one & give note for other that u assumed abt bank o/d

SACHIN KUMAR GARG (Final Student) (105 Points)
Replied 07 April 2010

from the above discussion, i want to explain differance between Bank OD and CC and -ve balance of bank deposit

In general -ve balance of current A/c,  student always say Bank overdraft. This is wrong opnion of the student. 

But in practical Bank Overdraft means loan taken from Bank for filling up the working capital gap it can be secured and unsecured mortgage by of any propery or any other fixed assets. which is reassessed on every year.

CC is loan taken from bank against stock and debtor and any other assets. In Both cases account run is run like other account and bank charge interest on -ve balance stand in account not on the sanction limit of account

so, i think Bank overdraft and cc is should be taken as financial activity and -ve balance as cash and cash equivalent

If my opnion is wrong. Pls rectify to me

Thanks

Sachin

CA Final Student

shakuntala chhangani (FCA Course co-ordinator WIRC coaching centre)   (2525 Points)
Replied 13 April 2010

Dear Gaurav, if u r asking it from exam view point then always show O/d as cash and cash equivalents (negative cash) as institute follows the same. u can check the same in ur compiler where the answer was given according to abovementioned treatment.

Regards, CA Shakuntala Chhangani

SIDHARTH DHIR (senior articled assistant)   (623 Points)
Replied 13 April 2010

agree with payal maam...

Do, one and shw note on the other.....

pankaj kumar (studying ) (186 Points)
Replied 06 November 2012

it a debateable point.............Bank OD shuld b part of financing activity.... coz it is a source of finance.... bt from cramming point of view its CASH and CASH equivalents coz almost accounting buks treat it so... if sometime later the author who used to treat it cash & cash equivalent ... treat it financing activity in new addition den teacher wuld treat it as financing activity... so use ur own mind..... coz CA is nt lyk a cbse xam whr u cram d method of answer n stick to dat method.... 

sivashankar (Student CA IPC / IPCC) (55 Points)
Replied 03 December 2015

I want to know the details about Government Grants received for some fixed asset purchase  and  that amount was deducted from fixed asset purchase cost  

EX

Mr. A purchase fixed at a cost of Rs.1000000 Government Grants 100000

The entry in the book fixed asset value 900000 (1000000-100000)

What is the activity involved for Government Grants

And what the amount in investment activity

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: