Tips on How to face an Interview!

BALU.... (CCI STUDENT....) (44650 Points)

08 February 2010  

A JOB interview can be a nerve-wracking experience if you are not prepared and lack self-confidence. We present a few tips that will help you to brush up on your interview skills and come out as a winner from your next interview!

1. Plan to arrive 10 minutes early. This will give you ample time to catch your breath, gather your thoughts and make a quick trip to the washroom to give your appearance one final check. To avoid unnecessary stress, choose your interview attire the night before.

2. Greet the interviewer by his or her last name. If you are unsure of the pronunciation, do ask the employer to repeat it. Or better still, check it with the front desk personnel or receptionist before walking into the interview room.

3. Let the interviewer lead the conversation but try to get him/her to describe the position and duties to you early in the interview. This will allow you to apply your background, skills and achievements to the position.

4. When asked: "Tell me about yourself?", focus your answers on your background and a few professional and personal accomplishments.

5. Stress on your achievements. For example: your sales records, the processes you have developed or systems installed, projects that you initiated, etc.

6. Show enthusiasm. This can be demonstrated through verbal and non-verbal cues (for example, appropriate body language like nodding can be used to support your interest). Enthusiastic feedback can enhance your chances of being further considered.

7. Answer questions by speaking in terms of the position. Emphasise what you can do for the company. Mention specific accomplishments that show your abilities and determination to succeed in this job. Your answers describe the position and duties to you early in the interview. This will allow you to apply your background, skills and achievements to the position. should tell the employer why you would be an asset to the company and not why you need a job.

8. Bring an extra copy of your resume.

9. Explain whenever possible; don't answer with a simple "yes" or "no."

Be prepared to answer questions such as:

* Tell me about yourself.
* Tell me about your background and accomplishments.
* What are your strengths? Weaknesses?
* How would you describe your most recent job performance?
* What interests you about our company?

Also, be prepared to ask questions such as:

* What would I be expected to accomplish in this position?
* What are the greatest challenges in this position?
* How do you think I fit the position?

Remember, your lack of questions may be mistaken as lack of interest in the job.