Time to think about reputation of CA- time to change

(Guest)

With time, no. of students in CA has increased tremendously. Today the newly qualified CA's have to struggle hard for a job. The supply of CA is increasing faster than demand. This is the scene even after ICAI feels proud for its syllabus and articleship requirements.

I am not happy with the current market position of a Chartered being like this.

There are few measures, which in my opinion may work:-

(1)  Mr. Kumar Mangalam Birla (CA), once said that he is not happy with the results of CA final being around 15-20%. He said it should in single digit. May be he is pointing toward the no. of CA's in the market. I agree with his point but i think reducing the percentage of result is not the right way. Instead the old concept should be reintroduced i.e. CA after B.Com.  The concept of CPT should be withdrawan and a candidate should be allowed to admission in CA inter only after completing B.com that too with minimum % requirement like 50%. This will automatically reduce the no. of CA students and consequently CA's.

(2) Since student taking admission for CA will then be graduates having lot of knowledge already, therefore subjects material of CA course should be increased to enhance the knowledge of a CA. Like today CA Inter has 7 papers one more paper can be introduced comprising of two subjects i.e Economics and Logical Reasioning with 50 marks each.

(3) A CA student has to undergo 3 years articleship. But in most of the cases students don't take it seriously or may can't take it seriously because of lot of other things. But the point is he doesn't get to know the practicle aspects even after 3 years. Instead the period of articleship should be reduced to 1.5 or 2 years (max). And ICAI should bring measures to ensure every student take this period of articleship seriously and takes the best out of it. And one more thing in small cities like jaipur (as i am from here) stipend is also the problem because it's not wrong to say "Money is Motivation".

(4) There is IT training, orientation programme, GMCS. Congrats to GREAT ICAI for bringing the new rule of undergoing GMCS twice. But intention of ICAI behind these programmes doesn't seems to be achieved. I am not saying that these are all wrong but standard of this programmes is not up to the mark.

Please give your comments.