The best books for ca final preparation

ca.sriram (no) (55 Points)

16 December 2015  

'Give me 6 hours to chop a tree,I will use 4 hours in sharpening my axe' says wise.It suits best in exam preparation.Most students fail CA final because of bad strategy than lack of hardwork.Books are the lifeline for preparation.So,reasonable consideration is to be given in selecting books.Here,based on my personal experience,I have tried to bring out the best among multiple books for CA Final and pros and cons of those:

Financial Reporting

M.P Vijay Kumar Clearly it is the market leader(atleast in south).The author has brought out his 20 years teaching experience.It is the best book book for self study.The way the sums are taken through is easily understandable.(especially consolidation).Me personally a fan of M.P.V. There are also other equally good books like Tulsian(which is nice for those who need complete guidance).etc. Still MPV sir book is the clear leader.The same suggestion goes for accounting standards too.But for that D.S.Rawat or Sanjeev Singhal is equally good for concepts.But from exam point of view MPV sir book is simply THE BEST.

Strategic Financial Management

The 3 most popular choices are A.N Sridhar,Pattabhiram and J.B.Gupta sir book.While the latter two is highly exam oriented and A N sridhar is better for learing concepts.All three are equally good for self study.Choosing between these three is a real challenge.I think Pattabiram sir book has won the race in the tough fight.

Auditing & PE

Surbhi Bansal is the name immediately strikes and it worth it too.But there are others like Pankaj Garg,Sumit Aggarwal on the same platform and exam-oriented..The style of writing is almost similar.So I keep all these 3 in same ground.On the other side, Saravana Prasath book is also good(only for those who are confident of finishing such a big book).It also helps for practical understanding with good examples.

Corporate and Allied Law

It is literally a monopoly with Munish Bhandari.I am still searching for a better alternative.

All these are fine, but those going for classes should better follow their own notes.Also Students should not confuse with too many books.Today it is problem of plenty.I will soon provide views on Group 2 Books.All these are my personal views and I request everybody to go through all the choices before buying.Experience is the best teacher.

Thank You.