Avail 50% discount on All CS & CMA subjects for Dec batch . Use coupon code Dec14

Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Income Tax > TDS >

TDS u/s 194C - Form No. 15I - Form No. 15J

Pages : 1 2

CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT

[ Scorecard : 432]
Posted On 12 November 2008 at 13:29 Report Abuse

Dear Group Members,

Hi every body

I need a clarification in the following matter

U/s 194C if a transporter make payments to a sub contractors who is not having more than 2 lorries, then no need to make any TDS on such payments provided the transporter obtains a declaration in form no. 15I from the sub-contractor. A part from the above, the transport has to file a declaration in form no. 15J before the concerned commissioner of Income tax on or before 30th June of every year. 

Now my question is, Wheter If the transporter obtains from no. 15I from the sub-contractors but failed to file the declaratio in form no. 15J before the concerned Commissioner of Income Tax, will lead to dis allowance u/s 40(a)(ia) or will attract any penality.

In my view, failed to file from no. 15J before the CIT is only a procedural laps....  

I need your guidence in this regard

Thanking You,

V.N.Hari

Online classes for CA CS CMA

S.Srinivasaraghavan
Chief Financial Officer and Co

[ Scorecard : 11278]
Posted On 12 November 2008 at 15:45

No. It is not a procedural lapse as it is compulsory to file it otherwise it defeats the purpose of filing it.

(Guest)
Posted On 08 December 2008 at 10:59

Sir, I'd like to know if a transporter obtains Form No. 15I from the sub-contractor but fails to file a Declaration In Form No. 15J to the concerned authority, then what's the liability of the Transporter in this case.Please clarify me the whole issue

Thankiny You

Gaurav agarwal

(Guest)
Posted On 09 December 2008 at 16:50

Originally posted by :Guest
" Sir, I'd like to know if a transporter obtains Form No. 15I from the sub-contractor but fails to file a Declaration In Form No. 15J to the concerned authority, then what's the liability of the Transporter in this case.Please clarify me the whole issue
GThankiny You
Madan Sharma
"

akash saraf
accountancy

[ Scorecard : 22]
Posted On 25 June 2009 at 18:17

sir i have understood the above but i wanted to know that is 15 i applicable to pvt ltd companies or limited companies owning not more than two trucks during the previous year

ANSHUMAN KHANDELWAL
JOB

[ Scorecard : 311]
Posted On 26 June 2009 at 14:19

Can we file Form 15 J in CD along with

ekalra_ca

[ Scorecard : 15]
Posted On 02 July 2009 at 17:56

Originally posted by :S.Srinivasaraghavan
" No. It is not a procedural lapse as it is compulsory to file it otherwise it defeats the purpose of filing it. "

S G
Director

[ Scorecard : 30]
Posted On 11 August 2009 at 15:28

w.e.f  01.10.09  and  w.e.f.  01.04.10 can 15I be accepted without pan no. is it vaild and no TDS is to be deducted for the same

S G
Director

[ Scorecard : 30]
Posted On 11 August 2009 at 15:31

w.e.f  01.10.09  and  w.e.f.  01.04.10 can 15I be accepted without pan no. is it vaild and no TDS is to be deducted for the same

CA Barkha
Chartered Accountant

[ Scorecard : 43]
Posted On 06 November 2009 at 12:00

hiiii

thanks sir for updating and clearfiy the info abt forms 15i and 15j

There are 12 Replies to this message

Related Files