Tds - paper return and its correction process ?

SURANA (PROPRIETOR) (515 Points)

22 December 2015  
Hello Sir / Madam,

Few days back one of my client received demand notice under TDS for FY 2007-2008 amount to Rs.7 lacs plus.
On checking found there is issue with Challan Detail.. and once it is corrected the demand will be NIL.

Now the question was how to correct the same... so i went on traces and tried it.. but could not since the original return was paper return...

I spoke to Traces about how to file the Correction Statement of paper return, they told me to contact TIN NSDL,

When spoke to TIN NSDL they told me to file the paper correction statement with the same TIN FC, and when contact the TIN FC they says they cant take paper correction statement if there is more then 19 Entries.

So again contact the TIN NSDL Customer Care today and told them that TIN FC says they cant accept correction paper return with more then 19 Entries. So what has to be done in this case when there are more entries...

They are saying me to ask TIN FC to contact their Head Office for the same.

So i asked Head Office as as TIN NSDL head office ?
They said not the TIN FC Head Office, but the head office of their company, which will be Karvy Head Office in my case.

Now dont know where to go for filing this correction statement as the demand is for more then 7 Lacs , so need to rectify the same.. but no one is providing solutions but everyone is just saying to contact each other.

Can anyone please guide if there is any solution to it. Thank you.