Tds on property sale for nris

Sammy (IT Consultant) (27 Points)

24 September 2016  

Hi, I am an NRI and recently sold an apartment in India for 95 lakhs. It was in my and my wife's name. Buyer had taken a loan of 90 lakhs from Bank. Bank paid me 45 lakhs and now I am supposed to pay a TDS of Rs 19,57,000 on sale price of 95L before they release another 45 lakhs. I am supposed to reclaim as refund most of this Rs 1957000 TDS from Income Tax department because of indexation. Buyer has given me his TAN number which I am supposed to use while paying the TDS. 

I am bit confused with all this.

1. Under what section in https://onlineservices.tin.egov-nsdl.com/etaxnew/tdsnontds.jsp I am supposed to pay TDS. And why do I need to use buyer's TAN for this.

2. Will he have rights to claim refund instead of me, because I am using his TAN. 

3. Will Income Tax department give me any trouble while paying me back TDS as TDS is supposed to be paid by buyer but here I am paying the TDS. Foreseeing this buyer is asking me to transfer TDS amount to his C.A.'s bank account which I refused and I am going to transfer that money to my family C.A.'s account. Our family C.A. is questioning why we need buyer's TAN. 

Please help. It is urgent.