Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Audit > Stat Audit >

TDS on Labour Supply

Pages : 1

CA

[ Scorecard : 118]
Posted On 09 July 2008 at 12:06 Report Abuse

In Case of Construction Company, from the point of view of contractor: what should be the rate of TDS on Labour Supply? I have seen deduction @ 1% treated as sub-contract while I am on audit but in my opinion it will be deducted @ 2% as it differs from sub-contract as we can use the labour according to our will? However 2% TDS is justified if labour contract is in the nature of a specific assignment such as construction of a specified wall. Please suggest the suitable answer of my question.

Online classes for CA CS CMA

Bujji
Chartered Accountant

[ Scorecard : 565]
Posted On 09 July 2008 at 12:51

Hai Vineet,

A sub contractor is a person who carries on the work of a contractor including supply of labour. So its not the specific assignment that should be taken into account for the purpose of TDS.

So tds is deducted @ 1% for Sub contractors.

Mohit Rajvanshi
Job

[ Scorecard : 25]
Posted On 09 July 2008 at 12:53

i m hvng sum prob. in nderstng ur Q. i mean to whom u r saying a contractor -- 1 ) Company - 2 ) Contractor-->> 3 ) subcontractor.

CA Vineet Goel
CA

[ Scorecard : 118]
Posted On 15 July 2008 at 17:32

Originally posted by :Thomas
" Hai Vineet,
A sub contractor is a person who carries on the work of a contractor including supply of labour. So its not the specific assignment that should be taken into account for the purpose of TDS.
So tds is deducted @ 1% for Sub contractors.
"

Thank for the reply. But my Question is different. My orgument is that whether the labour supply in that case was in the nature of sub-contractor or contractoror. Labour supply must be in the nature of sub-contractor but only when it takes place for the purpose of completing the main contract. If we take the labour supply which can be used as per our will then the case may be different. What do u think? tell me.

M.Vijaya
Accountant

[ Scorecard : 20]
Posted On 23 August 2008 at 16:59

What is the percentage of emplyer contribution in p.f?

and please refer what is the difference rate of employee contribution and

employer contribution?

(Guest)
Posted On 26 August 2008 at 17:07

witch rate of TDS  applicable on service privider for clearing agent  

There are 5 Replies to this message

Related Files