close x

TDS on Event Management Services

One on my client has taken Event Management Services from a company, who is engaged in this activity only. A contract is entered with such company to organise various events. Now my query is whether TDS is to be deducted under sec 194 C or under sec 194 J. 

Mgr - Commercial

It's a Contract, so TDS rate is under 194c only B.V.K.Nageswara Rao Ph: 099891 57666 Mail: nageswararao.bommakanti @ ril.com

(Guest)

Originally posted by :nageswararao
" It's a Contract, so TDS rate is under 194c only
B.V.K.Nageswara Rao
Ph: 099891 57666
Mail: nageswararao.bommakanti @ ril.com
"

dear sir,

i m aditya bansal from below the line from gurgaon. basically we provide services to our clients IBM daksh process services pvt ltd and deduct TDS treted as professtional

services @ 10 or 11 % . they sometime deduct tds as professional or sometime as contractors then i have to prove that we are under contract to them.

so i want to prove my point....

regards

aditya bansal

Below the line entertainment

mail us at : accounts @ belowtheline.org

plz send us as much as possible..

Dear Sir,

I am Mukesh Kumar from 6th Gear Entertainment from New Delhi. Basically, our Company provides Event Management Services to our Clients. they deduct tds @ 10.33% treated as professional services. But its a contractual work in our point of view.

You are requested to kindly mail any circular or suggation so, we can prove our point to our clients.

Kindly treat the matter most urgent.

Regards,

Mukesh

Hi All,

Event Management Services can be for Contract. But according to me TDS has to be deducted at 10% or 11% as it is a professional service.

It is better to deduct more tax to be on a safer side.

CA final stude

Hello everybody, as event mgt is a contract Tds rate as per Section-194c is applicable

The best way to make a differciation in 194J and 194C is to bifurcate between Contractual amount and professional Charges. I.e. Procure a bill from the event management in a way which specifies Total amount towards contract expenses (which will attract TDS @ 2%/1% u/s 194C) and Event Management Charges (Which will attract TDS @ 10% u/s 194J)

Thanks

Senior Officer Accounts

event management service inclusive of professional service and contract service, hence we need to deduct 10%tds.

Event management service provided is subject to tds as professional services @ 10%us 194J depending upon the nature of business of assessee. If assessee is engaged in the business of event mgt. Services to its clients its a professional income or otherwise paid on the basis of contractual agreement it is subject to tds @ 2% or 1% as the case may be.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to login   Click here to Register

Share on :