close x

TDS applicability under WCT

Mgr - Commercial

One of my clint having registration under APVAT rules & he has also CST registration.  He executed some work in Chennai Region, its a Works contract.  My clint not applied for any registration in Chennai because it is one time job.  The contractor having TVAT registration but he is not providing any C-Form.  Whats the TDS rate applicable under WCT.  How much my clint liable to pay TDS.  Pls, clarify regarding this on urgency basis.

(Guest)

Works contract value Rs. 40,000/- involve supply of materials clearly stated in bill for Rs.8000/- & labour inclusive of small material supply for Rs.32000/- As auditor, can it be suggested the following' VAT at source @ 4% on material value of RS. 8000/- since supplier is unregistered dealer & TDS @ 2.06% U/S 194-C on Rs.32000/- Please submit valued opinion.

HI MR. NAGESWAR RAO
well, firstly yours client should be registered himself in that place where works contract carried on because if he registered only then he will able to get C Form from contractor.
m giving u a link of all states VAT Act from where u can get the information
firstly u log on www. haryanatax .com
then u will find there TINSXYS Link
open it and u will get all states VAT ACT and Rules

(Guest)

Dear Sir,

Please confirm me a WCT at Tamilnadu applicable rates for the F.Y. 2008-2009

Thanks & Regards

Nagaraju Nara

Finance Department

hi (for some security reason I used to do work on this site as Ajay Jain, but in reality I am Sachin)

it depends what type of work contract it is ???????/

(i)Civil works contract--two per cent of the total contract
value of the civil works executed;
(ii) Civil maintenance works contract--two per cent of the total contract
value of the maintenance works*xecuted;
(iii) All other works contracts--four per cent of the total contract
value of the works executed.

Where any works contract involves more than one item of work (civil, maintenance or other), the rate of tax shall be determined separately for each such item of work.

I hope position is clear

(Guest)

hi

in which condition TDS of WCT will deducted at source in WCT Act

(Guest)

my question is. is it correct to deduct WCT at the time of Actual payment while TDS ( Income Tax ) is deducted in previous year as on 31st March

(Guest)

hi

pls confim this

Bill produced on 31.03.08 TDS ( Income Tax ) deducted on same day ( 31.03.08 ) and final payment made on 01.05.08 after deduction of WCT & certificate is issued on same date ( 01.05.08 ). can we get the credit of WCT in 1st QTR of FY 2008-09?

(Guest)

dear sir,

pls confirm wct rate in delhi situated company

company mode Automatic door systems

thanking you

gagan 

(Guest)

Hi,

I am Barna Bas I am woring at hassan karnataka from construction company , what is labour, metal sand hire charges, salaries, tds incom tax detiles,

With Regards

Barna...

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to login   Click here to Register

Share on :