Taxability of honorarium

DEAR ALL,

PLZ HELP ME OUT IN THIS

CAN HONORARIUM BE TAXED UNDER THE HEAD PGBP? 

A PERSON WHO IS A DIRECTOR IN A CO. RECEIVES HONORARIUM FROM THAT CO.,UNDER WHICH HEAD THIS WOULD BE TAXED?

Chartered Accountant

Hi , I am of the opinion the honorarium should be prima facie taxable under the head income from other sources , but further depends upon the conditions , say , if directors is in whole time employment of the company , then it can be made taxable under the head salary , because it must have received due to professional services received . If not in employment than it can be made taxable under the head bussiness and profession , if honorarium is received for his professional services rendered and if not for his professional services than income from other sources . 

Dear frnds,

If honorarium received as scientist/professional, under which head it would be taxed..??

plz explain ..

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

× Online Coaching My Enrolled Courses
Articles Forum News Experts Exams Share Files Income Tax Accounts Career Corporate Law Service Tax Video Judgements Rewards Top Members Events Albums Find Friends Featured Feed Scorecard Bookmarks Mock Test Poll Notification Knowledge Finder Coaching Institutes Trainee Corner Jobs
close x
  SHARE THIS