Sure-shot formula of success in 100 days! company secty.

(Guest)

Just a few hours aga I had gone through the comments of the members on the post of someone who wanted to know if he would cover the entire syllabi of Executive course in 100 days and I was surprised to note that almost everyone was behaving in comments as if it was the sufficient time he had at his disposal to study the subjects from some scanners or reference books. I could not find that post again - perhaps the title of the post was not relevant to the contents mentioned in the post. So a separate post from my side to draw everyone's attention from the learned students and professionals because this is the only forum where every student of CS and CA visits and this is the first website that is shown in the google's search engine's first position whenever a query is typed for help.

1 month ago I started my studies from Income Tax Law subject and started solving the questions on the residential status of the individuals, HUF, Corporates, Firms etc. Income tax was my favourite subject during BBA but now after a gap of a few years and reading the comments of many members and students in Facebeook groups and this forum I felt as if it would be virtually very tough to crack the exam despite regular studies. More fear engulfed me when I read the interviews of the CS Toppers where many said that coaching is compulsory and some said that they worked hard for 10 hours a day for the whole year! All this demoralised me and discouraged me to such an extent that I started feeling from the very outset as if what I was studying is different from the questions that are asked in the exam, otherwise all study the same books and still they fail.

Today's conversation regarding 100-Days study compelled me to write a post for the benefit of all the members and non-members (who view posts through google search) of the forum  may read this thread to have full-fledged information at one place as the exams of many students are approaching near.

I have to appear for June 2013 exams and purchased all the books that the members of this forum had suggested in many posts. Ruchika Prakashan books have yet to reach me as I have made online payment yesterday.I purchased the books of national level authors that are available in all bookshops of all cities. When I started preparing for the first lesson of Income Tax, I consumed 3 days and even then I had completed the half part of that lesson (residential status). There are 6 subjects with a lot of Acts, then how can one prepare in 100 days when even a simple chapter (from books of Singhania and Ahuja) took my so much time? I am sure that my way of studying was/is wrong because if I continue with this pace, then even 8 months are not enough for me to cover the syllabus. I left the Income tax for the time being (for one month) as I was completely afraid of it (even though I had secured 81 marks in this subject in BCAM). Yesterday after the gap of one month, I started with Economic and Labour Law subject and when I read the contents of this book from the study material (modules) I was shocked! How can one remembers so many names of the Acts and their provisions touching different situations under differrent Acts? :(

I know that it is the quality of contents that we remember and not the quantity of time that we give to studies, but what can I do if I need so much time to study one chapter in 3 days at a stretch understanding the very basics? I want to change the pattern of my study because I think that I need some formula that others use. There will be no break in between the exam dates, and it would be hard for everyone to revise the whole syllabus, leave apart the question of solving the typical questions/problems/illustrations that we mark for revision a day before exam..

How should I and other study? What should I do if one book is not enough and the second book is to be referred to, and ultimately both books make me afraid of the subject? The third set of books and solved scanners will arrive in 8 days :( Kindly contribute your practical suggestions keeping in view the approaching exams of December 2012 and also June 2013. Should one leave some lessons and leave the practical questions of such lessons so left? (The topic Salaries of Income tax is the most lenghty and typical and it will require atleast 30 days).

How can one afford so much time for all the subjects everyday when it is possible to understand a topic of one subject in a day?